1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Taking MCAT after June

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Fuarky, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Fuarky

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What if I take my mcat on a date where the scores don’t come in until after I apply. Or should I wait until mcat score comes in and than apply? I’m applying for Fall 2020 admission. When is ideal time to take it for MD admission and DO admission?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rogue42

Pre-Medical
    The ideal time to take it - as traditional wisdom would say - is when you are ready.

For MD, you typically want your application in before September 1st. So in order to have your MCAT back, you would need to take it late July.

For DO, you typically want you app in by November 1st (some people say Thanksgiving). The last MCAT date in September would allow you to do that, but it is a time crunch. An August MCAT - even if its late August - would be best in my opinion.

4. Altius Premier Tutor

Altius Premier Tutor SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Exhibitor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'd recommend an early or late spring exam. Then submit your application the first week of June. This will give you a small but important advantage at rolling admissions schools. You've got plenty of time. Prep this fall/spring, take the MCAT spring 2019, apply summer 2019, interview fall 2019, matriculate fall 2020.

evasive fish likes this.
  5. Fuarky

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    By early or late spring exam what months and dates you mean?

6. Rogue42

Pre-Medical
    March-May