Taking MCAT after June

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

What if I take my mcat on a date where the scores don’t come in until after I apply. Or should I wait until mcat score comes in and than apply? I’m applying for Fall 2020 admission. When is ideal time to take it for MD admission and DO admission?

Members don't see this ad.

What if I take my mcat on a date where the scores don’t come in until after I apply. Or should I wait until mcat score comes in and than apply? I’m applying for Fall 2020 admission. When is ideal time to take it for MD admission and DO admission?
The ideal time to take it - as traditional wisdom would say - is when you are ready.

For MD, you typically want your application in before September 1st. So in order to have your MCAT back, you would need to take it late July.

For DO, you typically want you app in by November 1st (some people say Thanksgiving). The last MCAT date in September would allow you to do that, but it is a time crunch. An August MCAT - even if its late August - would be best in my opinion.

I'd recommend an early or late spring exam. Then submit your application the first week of June. This will give you a small but important advantage at rolling admissions schools. You've got plenty of time. Prep this fall/spring, take the MCAT spring 2019, apply summer 2019, interview fall 2019, matriculate fall 2020.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd recommend an early or late spring exam. Then submit your application the first week of June. This will give you a small but important advantage at rolling admissions schools. You've got plenty of time. Prep this fall/spring, take the MCAT spring 2019, apply summer 2019, interview fall 2019, matriculate fall 2020.
By early or late spring exam what months and dates you mean?