Taking MCAT end of April 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aileen94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all!
I finally finished my undergrad classes and will be taking the MCAT on April 28

I wanted to know if I have adequate time to review the Kaplan books, take FLs, and look over AAMC and Kahn academy material

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Plenty of time. I took the April MCAT last year while working basically full-time in lab. Used Kaplan books and FLs 1 - 3, AAMC materials, and Khan Academy practice passages. I started studying around this time but didn't really do anything in earnest until mid-February I think.

Yes. Plenty of time. I took the April MCAT last year while working basically full-time in lab. Used Kaplan books and FLs 1 - 3, AAMC materials, and Khan Academy practice passages. I started studying around this time but didn't really do anything in earnest until mid-February I think.
Did you use KA practice passages for all subjects, or just a selection of them? And in retrospect, would you recommend KA for all topics or not?

Did you use KA practice passages for all subjects, or just a selection of them? And in retrospect, would you recommend KA for all topics or not?

When I used them, the C/P section wasn't so good but that might have changed. B/BC and P/S sections were amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Taking it on April the 28th, working part time and having a 5 year old. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Every Saturday I take one. I can't do it every three days for two weeks before like some people because I work and parent my children every day so I can't take off 8 hours unless I pay a babysitter.... So Saturdays their father is home and I can go take a FL. Today was my second one.

Reactions: 1 users
Every Saturday I take one. I can't do it every three days for two weeks before like some people because I work and parent my children every day so I can't take off 8 hours unless I pay a babysitter.... So Saturdays their father is home and I can go take a FL. Today was my second one.
Thank you for sharing! I don't know about you but whenever I take a full-length, I always end up feeling exhausted for the rest of the day. Is it just me or do you experience the same thing?

Yes, it's true what they say about stamina. You must build up your resilience and prolonged concentration!

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you so much!
Had it been a while since you were out of school?
And were you happy with your score?

Yes, it's true what they say about stamina. You must build up your resilience and prolonged concentration!
Wow, 2 kids and so young, you g!!!! you right, being a parent you kind of develop that parenting related ADHD, so building stamina and concentration is huge!!!

When I used them, the C/P section wasn't so good but that might have changed. B/BC and P/S sections were amazing.
I remember seeing some of your older posts last year, from what it look like you absolutely murdered the MCAT. Where did you end up getting acceptances to?

I remember seeing some of your older posts last year, from what it look like you absolutely murdered the MCAT. Where did you end up getting acceptances to?

For privacy's sake, I'll probably update my MD applicants profile at the end of the cycle :) Because of my non-trad path, I'm pretty easy to identify if I start saying which schools I'm accepted to.

Where is everyone getting all these practice tests from? I am so confused as to where I can find them!

Good question. So was I.
Exam krackers sells them. AAMC has 3. Berkeley Review sells them, but you have to mail in your order it seems.
Kaplan. Next Step. Probably more, but you have to go to each website and buy them. Seems only the AAMC ones give people accurate ish scores, but at least they all give you the practice with timing and assessment...

Good question. So was I.
Exam krackers sells them. AAMC has 3. Berkeley Review sells them, but you have to mail in your order it seems.
Kaplan. Next Step. Probably more, but you have to go to each website and buy them. Seems only the AAMC ones give people accurate ish scores, but at least they all give you the practice with timing and assessment...
Great, thank you!