taking MCAT for the first time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a sophmore and my college is offering a free MCAT practice test so I registered for it just to get a feel of it.

I'm just wondering what should I expect? I haven't taken physics yet so that part prob I'm just gonna guess, but I have taken bio,chem, and currently taking ochem, so I wanna see how I stand on those subjects.

What kind of score do people usually get the first time they take MCAT with no preparation?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a sophmore and my college is offering a free MCAT practice test so I registered for it just to get a feel of it.

I'm just wondering what should I expect? I haven't taken physics yet so that part prob I'm just gonna guess, but I have taken bio,chem, and currently taking ochem, so I wanna see how I stand on those subjects.

What kind of score do people usually get the first time they take MCAT with no preparation?
unless you are a genius, expect to get destroyed by the practice test. If you are like most people expect anywhere between a 15-25. With that said, don't fret over it because most people do very poorly. You'll get used to the questions when you really start studying for it.