Taking Mcat in June too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahaha123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is a June MCAT too late? I currently hold a May 20th spot but am feeling like I may not be at my best performance level by then and would like to wait until maybe June 4th or June 18th. However, the 18th of June would mean I wouldn't be able to submit my MCAT until end of July.

For context: I do plan to apply to a throwaway (aka submit my primary on May 28th.). I don't know if my GPA can affect this (since I know it's better for lower GPA's to apply asap) but I have a 3.6 cgpa and sgpa.

Members don't see this ad.

I did MCAT June 1 in 2017, score release around July 13, I think either June date will not hold back your application. They do not get reviewed until August or later really anyways. Secondary applications take quite awhile too and are really the main issue to decrease success with a 'late' application -- submit them as early as possible, ideally by end of July or Mid August. September I'd estimate your secondary is a donation (but COVID era this is changed, I am a little out of date but can reassure any June test date is GOOD)

Reactions: 1 users
I did MCAT June 1 in 2017, score release around July 13, I think either June date will not hold back your application. They do not get reviewed until August or later really anyways. Secondary applications take quite awhile too and are really the main issue to decrease success with a 'late' application -- submit them as early as possible, ideally by end of July or Mid August. September I'd estimate your secondary is a donation (but COVID era this is changed, I am a little out of date but can reassure any June test date is GOOD)
So essentially, if I apply to a throwaway on May 28th to get my app verified, and then submit my MCAT asap in July when I get it, and then submit my secondaries asap I should be okay?

Also, will I get my secondaries the same as I submit my MCAT or a few weeks later? What's the timing like for secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
ITs not too late, but youre studying for the MCAT while trying to finish your primary and prewrite secondaries. I did it and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Reactions: 1 users
ITs not too late, but youre studying for the MCAT while trying to finish your primary and prewrite secondaries. I did it and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Agree/would not write secondaries or primary while MCAT studying if able. But my MCAT study was just 4-5wks after end of Junior year in biochem in undergrad so I'd seen all the material and was pretty fresh on most of it.

I spent 2.5wks on my primary (AND ONLY on my primary, post-MCAT started 2 days later). Then probably 2-3 wks on secondaries. I'd start them from the prompts in the SDN forums if you haven't gotten them yet and are ready to work on them.

Agree/would not write secondaries or primary while MCAT studying if able. But my MCAT study was just 4-5wks after end of Junior year in biochem in undergrad so I'd seen all the material and was pretty fresh on most of it.

I spent 2.5wks on my primary (AND ONLY on my primary, post-MCAT started 2 days later). Then probably 2-3 wks on secondaries. I'd start them from the prompts in the SDN forums if you haven't gotten them yet and are ready to work on them.
You have an admirable work ethic many of us dont posses.