taking MCAT in March 22nd, am I pushing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmerN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont think I am ready for the MCAT and plus all the slots for the January where I can reasonably travel to are full. My concern is even with a 22-24 MCAT score, will the admissions process at this stage be considered pretty late?

I could hope for the schools that interview before the MCAT is taken but I guess that is also a case-by-case scenario.

Members don't see this ad.

What I would do in this situation is contacting the schools that you think you will be applying to. Ask if they are still giving out interviews, how many spots open, etc. Also, it depends on your gpa too so if its a good one, just do okay on the mcat and you will be good. I just do not know how much more competitive it will be as the last spots start filling up. Hope it helped! Good luck!!

I dont think I am ready for the MCAT and plus all the slots for the January where I can reasonably travel to are full. My concern is even with a 22-24 MCAT score, will the admissions process at this stage be considered pretty late?

I could hope for the schools that interview before the MCAT is taken but I guess that is also a case-by-case scenario.

I know that Temple and Kent usually don't fill up until April/May. I was in the same situation last year, and on my interviews I just told them I would be retaking the MCATs since my first score was pretty low. A week after I submitted my retakes to the schools I got accepted into both. Good luck!