Taking MCAT June 30th delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batman25

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering taking the MCAT June 30th (giving me more time to study), but still submitting my Primary June 1st and adding schools on June 30th after I take the MCAT (i know its risky, but I'll try to have a balanced list based on the scores from my practice tests)..

That way, I'm assuming Ill prob be working on secondaries in July while my MCAT is scored by July 31 and hopefully complete my application early Aug.

Is there anything wrong with this logic and assuming this, how significantly will it delay my app/hurt my chances since interviews are rolling??

Members don't see this ad.

I am considering taking the MCAT June 30th (giving me more time to study), but still submitting my Primary June 1st and adding schools on June 30th after I take the MCAT (i know its risky, but I'll try to have a balanced list based on the scores from my practice tests)..

That way, I'm assuming Ill prob be working on secondaries in July while my MCAT is scored by July 31 and hopefully complete my application early Aug.

Is there anything wrong with this logic and assuming this, how significantly will it delay my app/hurt my chances since interviews are rolling??
I did this and got many interviews and acceptances to top schools.

You'll be fine, just don't take the MCAT if you're not ready and don't procrastinate on secondaries while waiting for your score. There are some schools like Pitt and UChicago and Tulane that seem to really like early applicants, but for the most part I think your timeline is fine as long as you do well on the MCAT and write good secondaries.

There’s potential for a lot of wasted effort and cash here that’s contingent upon OP scoring close to his prediction on June 30th. A lot of people report they felt performed a certain way (good or bad) on test day and get a score that doesn’t reflect how they felt. So if you craft a June 30 list based on how you felt you may be applying to the wrong mix of schools.

It’d be terrible if you get your score back, have to add 10-15 schools and rush through the secondaries and produce a substandard app.