Taking MCAT on July 28- is it late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be senior. I am taking MCAT on July 28th. I have started my application. Is it too late to apply to schools? I took it in March and got low score.

I have 3.8 Sgpa, 3.9 Cgpa

Members don't see this ad.

What was your first MCAT score? Where is your state of residence? Do you have any shadowing or clinical volunteering hours?

488, I am Illinois resident, Asian, I have 60 hours of MD shadowing, 200 hours of volunteering

Members don't see this ad :)
A July 28th date for the MCAT is fine for DO schools as long as your score is at least 500 and you apply broadly to at least 15 schools. However, it is somewhat late for MD schools. Some schools average MCAT scores. Post your score here when available and we can give you an idea if you are competitive for any MD schools.

A 7/28 date is fine. The app process doesn't really get rolling at MD schools until Labor Day.

OP, do NOT retake until you are 100% ready for the exam, and the deficits that caused you to do so poorly are fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-write your secondaries using SDN while waiting for your scores to return because then you can be complete at most schools late August early September and although it is not the earliest possible, it is not considered late.

Remember that interviews last from September (some schools interview in August)-March.