Taking MCAT two sections at a time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

house2272000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing some thinking, I want to go to an MD school. What if I take the MCAT twice first time focus on the verbal and Biological Sciences Section. The second time focus one Writing and Physical Sciences section.

Members don't see this ad.

I was doing some thinking, I want to go to an MD school. What if I take the MCAT twice first time focus on the verbal and Biological Sciences Section. The second time focus one Writing and Physical Sciences section.

terrible strategy as many med schools don't piece together different section grades. also implicitly admitting you are unable to score well on the mcat without some sort of clever ruse. in either case, unhealthy. there's no shortcut.

Good idea. MD schools are looking for students who will take the USMLE's 11 times, each time concentrating on a different organ system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really not a good strategy. Plan to take the MCAT once and only once. It seems like a lot but it's really not that much. You can probably knock out each content section in about a week on average and maybe practice test for another month for a minimum of 2 months. Once you start studying and see a week go by you will know that 2 months is no time at all. This is, of course, if you're willing to put in about 8-10 hours per day. The days fly by once you start studying.

Hope this helped,

-LIS