greatestpastime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I know that each MCAT is different and on any given day the amount of physics 1 compared to physics II can differ greatly. I have taken physics II yet but plan on doing so next semester. Would it be a good idea to prep for the MCAT while taking physics II. By the time I take the real thing I will have completed physics II; however, it seems like it would be difficult to gage where you are in the PS section...especially the first few exams. Has anyone done this and found that it wasnt a big deal? Any thoughts?

Thanks

dd128

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I did exactly what you're talking about and didn't do so hot. It may have just been a coincidence, I don't know.

Cephalopod

squidling
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I took the MCAT while taking physics II, I have not go my score back yet, but I found at least some parts of the class helpful in preparing for the MCAT. However, I took the MCAT toward the end of the semester (April 5th). Physics II, at least at my school, covers alot of topics not needed for the MCAT such as induced currents. No matter when you take the test, just make sure you know the required material and know it well and you should be fine.

tncekm

MS-1
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Medical Student
IMHO the MCAT isn't too heavily weighted toward second semester physics, but its your best bet to take the class before hand.