GiladJaffe

Removed
Mar 14, 2010
Status
I go to CAL and need to take my 4th semester chemistry credit (cal only does 3....1 gchem and 2 ochem). Im going to take biochem to satisfy this rec (i checked and this is ok) but can i take it at UCSD ( i live in SD and i want to take the class over this summer)? The problem is that they are on the qrtr system and idk how that **** works. Also, will i be looked down upon by med school for taking it there?

starl3tte

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I go to CAL and need to take my 4th semester chemistry credit (cal only does 3....1 gchem and 2 ochem). Im going to take biochem to satisfy this rec (i checked and this is ok) but can i take it at UCSD ( i live in SD and i want to take the class over this summer)? The problem is that they are on the qrtr system and idk how that **** works. Also, will i be looked down upon by med school for taking it there?

Shouldn't be a problem. I took pre-req's at both quarter and semester systems. When it comes time to fill out AMCAS, the application will have you convert all your units into one system anyways (can't remember if they have you convert your units into quarter or semester units...it's one of those). You will just need to get a transcript from UCSD when it comes time to fill out AMCAS. However...you need to make sure that med schools will accept the biochem semester in lieu of 1 g-chem semester, but if that's a standard thing to do at Berkeley, then it's probably ok. Maybe a Cal grad can comment...