TAKING PART 1 CBT TOMORROW (please read this!!!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FIXENSMILES01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the time has come once again. Tomorrow will be my third time taking this exam. There are those of you who know my plight, it is not an easy task to get the competitive score needed to get into the US Programs. But, we must continue to fight for our dreams in life. There is no success without struggle. I have used this powerful phrase as my motivation, as well as what does not kill you makes you stronger. Those of you who know what I am talking about subscribe to the same philosophy. For those of you who get deterred, remember these words and continue, continue to press on. Your goal is attainable no matter how hard it gets. I say this because as long as you put forth the true effort and not lie to yourself or others that may be supporting you through this difficult time you will continue to do better. the first two times I took this exam I did not do well not because I did not want to do well but because I lost faith in myself and the gifts my God has blessed me with. I simply did not know how to study for something that I thought was bigger then me. It is always easier to give into lies and distractions and worst of all fears. I was a victim of my own demise. It was easier to blame my medically diagnosed learning disability and give into my fear. But here I am going for lucky number 3 . This time around me was different. I decided to get into Kaplan. Well, it has proven to advantageous, because it was not the course that helped me as much as the environment and the study group that I got together each day with. With that and all the books and test and videos I started to develop out of my fears. Now I don't' know what I will get But I now this I will get what I deserve and that will be a reflection of the last four months that I gave to this. I go into this tomorrow confident not scared. I know that I gave a valiant effort and if I should not get what I need to get into the programs then I know that I have made a base that will only help me get the best grade possible in the next 91 days. You see this is the success that you have a sense of accomplishment and confidence that you are that much closer to achieving what very much will be a grade that when you look back on all the pain and struggle that it was all worth it. My only wish and hope to all of you is that you continue to strive to be the best. We are a community that knows Struggle and can honestly feel confident that we are more then worthy to practice Dentistry here in America and that when you see your fellow Americans in these programs be proud and know that you are an example for them. Not only as Doctors but more importanly as people. My prays are with each and every one of you and I pray that my God Jesus Christ Bless you and keep you part of His will, Because for Me I know all things are possible through Him who died on the cross for me and was raised for my salvation. My struggle in incomparable to His and I am grateful that because of this I know no matter how bad it gets in this life It will never be the type of struggle that I cant handle. God bless and Good luck to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,fixensmiles

Best of luck for your exam .
gn :luck:

Thank you for your words of support , I will do my best to review all my exams after the test and post a detailed account of what random questions i got. Thank you again- Bill

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there....good luck for your exam,
have faith in GOD and try to put your best effort,

GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES

try to concenterate on each and every question, read carefully before answering any question.....

Good luck tomorrow....I am sure your effort will pay off. :luck:

all the best to you, I know that if we do our best God will do the rest, I know we can passed this exams.

I really wish you Good Luck, and focus, concentrate and be confident on the exam.

Thank you I am taking it easy today just going over questions that I had difficulty on . for dental anatomy have found that there are seven charts that if you memorize them it will give you 20 or so answers right. I will try and upload them . Thanks again-Bill

FIXENSMILES01 said:
Thank you I am taking it easy today just going over questions that I had difficulty on . for dental anatomy have found that there are seven charts that if you memorize them it will give you 20 or so answers right. I will try and upload them . Thanks again-Bill

all the best
may god showers all his blessings on you

take care
god bless
enjoy

Believe in God and appreciate what he gives you, even the plight. Maybe looking back after you succeed, you will find God has prepared you the best.

Good luck!

hzq838

hi :)

I wish you all the best .I have read your mails and can very well imagine what u r going thru .I wish you all the best for your exam tomorrow .I am sure you will do well .My sincere prayers r with you. I feel encouraged by your attitude Thank you for that .

Do well and succeed. :thumbup:

Take care :luck:
Shellac

FIXENSMILES01 said:
Well, the time has come once again. Tomorrow will be my third time taking this exam. There are those of you who know my plight, it is not an easy task to get the competitive score needed to get into the US Programs. But, we must continue to fight for our dreams in life. There is no success without struggle. I have used this powerful phrase as my motivation, as well as what does not kill you makes you stronger. Those of you who know what I am talking about subscribe to the same philosophy. For those of you who get deterred, remember these words and continue, continue to press on. Your goal is attainable no matter how hard it gets. I say this because as long as you put forth the true effort and not lie to yourself or others that may be supporting you through this difficult time you will continue to do better. the first two times I took this exam I did not do well not because I did not want to do well but because I lost faith in myself and the gifts my God has blessed me with. I simply did not know how to study for something that I thought was bigger then me. It is always easier to give into lies and distractions and worst of all fears. I was a victim of my own demise. It was easier to blame my medically diagnosed learning disability and give into my fear. But here I am going for lucky number 3 . This time around me was different. I decided to get into Kaplan. Well, it has proven to advantageous, because it was not the course that helped me as much as the environment and the study group that I got together each day with. With that and all the books and test and videos I started to develop out of my fears. Now I don't' know what I will get But I now this I will get what I deserve and that will be a reflection of the last four months that I gave to this. I go into this tomorrow confident not scared. I know that I gave a valiant effort and if I should not get what I need to get into the programs then I know that I have made a base that will only help me get the best grade possible in the next 91 days. You see this is the success that you have a sense of accomplishment and confidence that you are that much closer to achieving what very much will be a grade that when you look back on all the pain and struggle that it was all worth it. My only wish and hope to all of you is that you continue to strive to be the best. We are a community that knows Struggle and can honestly feel confident that we are more then worthy to practice Dentistry here in America and that when you see your fellow Americans in these programs be proud and know that you are an example for them. Not only as Doctors but more importanly as people. My prays are with each and every one of you and I pray that my God Jesus Christ Bless you and keep you part of His will, Because for Me I know all things are possible through Him who died on the cross for me and was raised for my salvation. My struggle in incomparable to His and I am grateful that because of this I know no matter how bad it gets in this life It will never be the type of struggle that I cant handle. God bless and Good luck to all of you.

FIXENSMILES01 said:

Hi
Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement. Best of luck to you on the exam :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
FIXENSMILES01 said:

HI,
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR EXAM.
im sure you will crack this exam very well and have a excellent score.
your hardwork will surely payoff.
and last not the least your FAITH IN GOD !!!
all the best again

Hi

LIFE IS A STRUGGLE.. AS IT WAS YESTERDAY, TODAY AND.. IT WILL BE A STRUGGLE EVEN TOMORROW.

Thankx for those worlds of encouragement u shared with us today. May GOD bless u and hope u achieve all that u desire.

goodluck on your exam tomorrow, i know how you feel coz were on the same boat, ill give it a shot in dec,cbt also so i hope i can read more of what youve experience after tomorow and you can give us some of the test that you will remember....again goodluck amd more power!!!!!

FIXENSMILES01 said:
Thankyou Both - Bill
Best of luck my friend,
Remember -Trust in God never goes waste.

take care
eyeforstars

good luck,
i'm sure u'll do great!

I still remember ur Shark's diagram. Helped me a lot. Wishing u all the success u hope for urself & more. U'll do gr8. Go ahead & get them Tiger. :)
All the best.

Good luck on your exam, i will be praying for you. Just do the best and leave the rest to God. All the best

decjunia said:
I still remember ur Shark's diagram. Helped me a lot. Wishing u all the success u hope for urself & more. U'll do gr8. Go ahead & get them Tiger. :)
All the best.

Best of luck for your exam. Dont worry you,ll do great.

prady said:
hey bill,
i 'm sure that u r going to do gr8!all the best ! :thumbup:
all the best only those that strugle kwon just relax at the time to answer the Q,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

best of luck to you tomorrow, actually you inspired me a lot to get started with studying for retaking part 1, as i was very dissapointed and lack the energy and motivation to start i tooke it only one time and i can't regain the feeling of how to start studying yet,but you gave me the first shot at least, thank you and i wish you feel really happy and satisfied after finishing the test, i hope that God will guide you through the test tomorrow.
thank you

I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR YOU PRAYS AND THOUGHT AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. I AM HOURS AWAY FROM THE EXAM AND I FEEL GREAT. I KNOW I WILL RECIEVE WHAT I DESERVE AND KNOW THAT I AM MORE THEN A CONQUEROR . I WILL REVIEW ALL MY EXAMS AND LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SHOWED UP FOR ME ON MY EXAM. I WILL DO THAT TONIGHT AND TOMARROW, MY VACATION IS NEXT WEEK SO I WILL SPEND A WEEK REVIEWING .

"Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today is you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me, as in the day of trial in the wilderness.'"

Hebrews 3:6-8

"You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them."

2 Timothy 3:14

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty."

Proverbs 21:5

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

Mark 11:24

THANK YOU AGAIN ALL OF YOU AND GOD BLESS- BILL

I CAN'T THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR YOU PRAYS AND THOUGHT AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. I AM HOURS AWAY FROM THE EXAM AND I FEEL GREAT. I KNOW I WILL RECIEVE WHAT I DESERVE AND KNOW THAT I AM MORE THEN A CONQUEROR . I WILL REVIEW ALL MY EXAMS AND LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SHOWED UP FOR ME ON MY EXAM. I WILL DO THAT TONIGHT AND TOMARROW, MY VACATION IS NEXT WEEK SO I WILL SPEND A WEEK REVIEWING .

"Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today is you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me, as in the day of trial in the wilderness.'"

Hebrews 3:6-8

"You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them."

2 Timothy 3:14

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty."

Proverbs 21:5

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

Mark 11:24

THANK YOU AGAIN ALL OF YOU AND GOD BLESS- BILL

YOu are probably in the ezam room right now taking the test. Well since i won't be able to wish you good luck because you won't get this until afterwards i can include you in my prayers......May God grant you success after this long struggle.....

FIXENSMILES01 said:

hi
good luck i will pray for you,i surely understand its hard to study three times,man you are really great.....
give your best and have faith in god
good luck

FIXENSMILES01 said:
HI
YOU ARE IN THE EXAM RITE NOW. BUT STILL, I WANT TO SEND MY WISHES TO YOU.YOUR POSTS HAVE REALLY INSPIRED ME AND A LOT OTHERS IN THIS FORUM.
YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET A GREAT SCORE. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
P.S WHEN YOU COME BACK ,DO TELL US HOW EVERYTHING WENT.And then, take your much deservd break.