Taking PCAT Sept 5... Need some advice! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharm425

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I am a little short of a month away from taking my PCAT for the second time. I have the Kaplan Course books (I didn't take the course, just purchased the books from someone), and also Dr. Collins packets. I also have the PCAT destroyer book which I do think is quite helpful. I know the materials are great, but I guess my question is how do I exactly study. I have taken one practice test by pearson and my score was GOD AWFUL. Granted that was like a diagnostic test to see where I am. Anyone able to provide a sample study schedule of some sort that I can follow until test date. My weakest areas are Biology and Chemistry. Math and Verbal are getting better slowly but surely. Thank you- any and all help is so appreciated!

FuturePharm425

Members don't see this ad.

Just do all practice exams in dr. collins. If you get confused about something, look over it in the info packet. I also used the PCAT destroyer for math. Verbal is tough for everyone but someone I know suggested just doing extra practice problems from dr. collins or kaplan. GOOD LUCK!

Definitely do Dr. Collin's packets, I did all his practice problems + problem sets and am now just focusing on doing the actual practice exams by Pearson (getting around 85 overall percentile atm after 2 tests)