taking the 101 at one college and 102 at another?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patel2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My college didn't have a course called intro biology, but a course called genetics, molecular and cell biology, which was the first pre-med course our advisors told us to take. They said to take any other upper level to meet the second half of the requirement. I graduated having only taken one course.

A local college offers "general biology II' and they told me it's okay for me to sign up for it, based on my prior bio experience, even though I haven't taken their biology I. Will this be acceptable for meeting my biology requirement of 8 hours general biology with lab. Will med schools not accept it because I took the two intro bio courses at different schools, or because I did not take the biology courses in sequence at one school?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Biology I at a community college during the summer, then Bio II at my university. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter as long as the courses met the biology requirements.

ALso I wouldn't worry about the information in biology II. It really didn't build that much upon the things in biology I. My universities bio II was just Plants, Ecosystems, and a slightly indepth overview of the major systems of the body.

My school's Bio 1 and 2 did not build off of each other, and could even be taken out of order :rolleyes:

I would compare syllabuses: the bio course you took, bio 1 and the new university, and the bio 2 course at the new univ (the one you plan to take). You may need this to show med schools you fulfilled requirements.