Taking the DAT the second time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fierycosi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take my DAT's again during the summer after I send in my application. I took my DAT last summer and my scores were 18 for the Academic average and a very low score of 14 for PAT. I will be applying for the first time in June and was wondering if taking my DAT for the second time in summer will hurt my chances of getting in? Primarily, since the schools will see my old scores and would not have received my new scores. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I know for a fact that on the application, you would want to indicate your old scores as well as the date you planed to take your DAT the second time. That will give them some hint to expect another DAT report soon. I am sure if you show that you are competent to achieve high scores the second time around, it will definitely help you. But you definitely want to work on your PAT part, do lots of practice tests and you will do fine. PAT is not an easy section, but with enough practices, you will improve dramatically. Keep up the work and good luck with everything!

Bottom line is you have to improve your scores! Bust your tail----and study like you've never studied before--because "once shame on the test"---twice---"shame on you!"

Good luck and study smart not hard, (practice, practice......)

R.R.B