Taking the MCAT abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeCat

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had experience with taking the test out of the US. I'll be abroad for the next two years and although I really don't want to take it abroad, it seems like my only option (unless I want to spen thousands of dollars flying home). Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't actually end up taking the MCAT abroad, although I considered it. Where will you be? It's not offered in very many locations. The only place in the UK that offers it would be Brighton, GBR. I was going to take it last year while abroad, but...I just really couldn't motivate myself to study, and I know you could say that you will, but it's quite hard when you're in an exciting new culture and meeting fascinating people to hole yourself up and study. If at all possible, take it this summer if you're leaving after August.

I should've taken it in April!!! I'm leaving in June. The other option is to take it August of the year I'm applying but yeah, that's maybe not the best way to go.

GOOD LUCK! yeh, then as soon as you leave, take it the earliest date possible abroad (i.e. April). You'll have to contact MCAT for their nearest location. You'll just have to force yourself to sit down and study, i guess...but if you do, then you can play for the rest of the time :wink: . Best of luck whatever you decide!