Taking the MCAT Aug 7th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rc4ch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this way too late for this cycle? I am planning to apply broadly to about 25 schools and I have a Overall and science GPA of 3.86.

Members don't see this ad.

Your going to be applying blind(not knowing what your score is), so I would wait till next year

Well, it depends on what your practice scores have been. Are you happy with the range (narrow is better, less likely to fluxuate on real exam)? If you're unsure on how you'll do, then take the test, see the score, then apply next year. The last thing you'll want to do is apply late and your score is subpar. It's a waste of energy and money.

I'm taking my mcat Aug. 5th too and I'm planning on applying this cycle. Yes, you'll be applying without knowing your score but with consistent scores on practice exams and a bit of luck, hopefully it will be in the target range. Also, dont you think 25 schools is a bit much? The recommended upper limit is 15. Schools might thing you're just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks and that might not look good.