Taking the MCAT during biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwarfplanet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the way my schedule is, I have to take either physiology or biochemistry for the upcoming spring/summer semester. I want to take the MCAT at the end of June, but the problem is that I'd only be about two-thirds through my biochemistry/physiology class at that point. Is it doable to take the test without being completely finished with the course? Or a big no? I'd really prefer not to take my MCAT any later than early July, if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

It's doable but Biochemistry is the most important class for the MCAT. When does your biochem class end?

It's doable but Biochemistry is the most important class for the MCAT. When does your biochem class end?

It ends July 29th. I could complete biochemistry next semester and take physiology in the summer instead if biochem is more important to complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
It ends July 29th. I could complete biochemistry next semester and take physiology in the summer instead if biochem is more important to complete.
Yes, 100% recommend this.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the MCAT while about 75% through my Biochem class and actually thought I would have done much better if I took it a month or two later. I found that it was hard to see the big picture of the subject until I finished the course and looked back at common problems. If there's any way to delay your MCAT, I'd do that. Or talk to your pre-med advisor and see what they think. Good luck studying!

Reactions: 1 user
I did it and got a good score, although bio/biochem was my lowest section