Taking the MCAT in August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peds14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if taking the MCAT in August is considered too late to apply to any medical school. I was searching through a few of the med schools I would like to apply to, but couldn't find anything on a particular date that they preferred. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if taking the MCAT in August is considered too late to apply to any medical school. I was searching through a few of the med schools I would like to apply to, but couldn't find anything on a particular date that they preferred. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

If you are applying this yr, mid Jul is the last MCAT I would take. Aug would be about a month behind....strong stats will still be fine though.

It's not too late in that you won't miss the application deadlines, but you'll definitely put yourself at a disadvantage. Your scores will probably be available at the beginning of September; at that point, many schools will be offering interviews. If it's possible and you'll still have time to study, it'd probably be best to take it earlier (but only if you can adequately prepare).