Taking the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmoon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how many schools are requiring the MCAT? I heard that some schools will take other entrance exams like the DAT and GRE in lieu of the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

DrMoon,

I'm assuming you are referring to Pod schools. Most schools require MCATs but some do take GREs, DATs, etc. I'll try to go through the list for you.

Barry requires "submission of MCAT test scores."

You are familiar with CCPM so I will reserve comment.

DMU requires applicants to "complete the MCAT."

NYCPM requires "admission of MCAT scores." However, their application has blanks for filling in scores for the DAT, OAT, PCAT, and GRE Science test scores.

OCPM requires "reported scores from either the MCAT or the GRE general and subjective tests. OCPM may accept test scores from another professional examination as well."

SCPM requires that "all candidates for admission are required to complete the MCAT prior to enrollment. Scores from the GRE may be accepted on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Admissions Committee."

TUSPM states that "all applications are considered incomplete until their GRE scores or MCAT scores have been received."

The above information was quoted from each school's respective catalog. Although this is what is stated in their catalog, I would think that to increase their applicant pool, some schools may make exceptions for students whom have taken other tests.

Hope that answers your question!