Taking the PCAT tomorrow. I have a few questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chriskahn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that the test is computer based so I was wondering how it worked. Since I want to skip harder questions and come back to them later, how does that work with the computer? Do I have the option to scroll back to any question?

And in the reading section do we have the option to go back and look at the passage?

And is there an actual timer on screen that tells you how much time you have left?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know that the test is computer based so I was wondering how it worked. Since I want to skip harder questions and come back to them later, how does that work with the computer? Do I have the option to scroll back to any question?

And in the reading section do we have the option to go back and look at the passage?

And is there an actual timer on screen that tells you how much time you have left?

Thanks

Yes after answering the last question of the section it'll show all the questions (the numbers) and the skipped and flagged will be indicated in red I think.

The reading passage stays on the screen for all the questions. And there is a timer on the screen. Good luck!

@wallace12,

would you say that its similar to the pearson practice test? i can't download the test tutorial since its for PCs only.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a little different. Here are some screen caps from pearson vue:

so here's a sample question, you can choose to answer it and if you're unsure of your answer, you can flag it for review or skip it entirely by clicking next.
praqzrJ.gif

for long passages, if you get a pop up after clicking next saying you have not yet viewed the entire screen, it just means scroll down to see the whole passage.
EPY1rwK.gif

at the end, you can review exam questions that are incomplete or you have flagged for review. you can also just simply click on the question you want to go back to or all if you have time.
Z1UlyOz.gif

oh and here's what you see if you click the navigator button.
mamfVwI.gif

Last edited: