taking the USMLE without prior med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noreaster

Noreaster
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A person has recently told me that her husband with an MBA has taken the USMLE I and II and he has not gone to med school at all. This does not compute; I didn't think this was at all possible. She states her husband took an "unofficial" test but professionally proctored. Has anybody ever heard of this? I sure haven't.

Members don't see this ad.

Your friend is a liar. When you sign up for the USMLE, you must specify which medical school you attend, as it is a prerequisite to sit for the exam. He probably took a Step I test out of a practice book and thought he was some hot s**t.

Yeah, when I registered for the USMLE I had to have a form filled out and signed by the school that said I was a current student there in good standing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noreaster said:
A person has recently told me that her husband with an MBA has taken the USMLE I and II and he has not gone to med school at all. This does not compute; I didn't think this was at all possible. She states her husband took an "unofficial" test but professionally proctored. Has anybody ever heard of this? I sure haven't.

Ask your friend's husband for a prescription in the left hand and for him to s*it in the right hand and see which one gets filled first.

Noreaster said:

Dude, what kind of j-off would sit down and take an 8 hour standardized test just for fun?

I) All that is: -Is a cruel joke.
II)Also for Licensure in this arena.-Their is just NO playing around.
III)If he wants a standardized exam, tell him the Bar is 1 and only one measely
exam. {Compared to 4 or 5 in medicine when you include specialty boards}