Taking time off Verbal .. good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found that my Verbal scores remained consistent when I just avoided Verbal for a while and did passages once in a while

lately, I've been doing 2-3 passages everyday atleast.. and my scores have gone down.

Considering I have 3 weeks left, would it be a good idea to lay off it for a lil' while? Anyone have good experiences on Verbal by just taking time away from it?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't obsess over it. Just work on increasing your comprehension of different types of passage topics as opposed to getting high practice scores. Above all, you need to be able to focus. If that means doing passages on a less frequent basis, that's what you need to do.

I find that if i do 101 test a few days apart, I maintian my grade or better improve. The worst scenario is when I retake another test after performing badly which always lower my score. If you feel like you aren't improving you better just take few days off ... get ur head clear and retake it again. :luck:

I found that my Verbal scores remained consistent when I just avoided Verbal for a while and did passages once in a while

lately, I've been doing 2-3 passages everyday atleast.. and my scores have gone down.

Considering I have 3 weeks left, would it be a good idea to lay off it for a lil' while? Anyone have good experiences on Verbal by just taking time away from it?

I find that this happens to me too. I think it's because subconsciously maybe I don't put my all into the passages if I do them too often...

Apparently verbal is a confidence test as much as a comprehension test, so really you should do passages when you feel that your head is clear and you can maximize your effort.