Taking TPR, sell science books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corpsman Up

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been keeping my science books to help with my mcat prep, but today I signed up for princeton review classroom course. To those that have taken it (and scored 30+ on the actual test), would you recommend I sell back the science books while I can because TPR provides plenty of resources?

Members don't see this ad.

The only time I used a science book as a reference was to review hybridization with genetic crossing-over during meiosis. I scored a 35 (12-PS, 14-BS) after taking a TPR class. Other than that one time, I'd say you don't need the books, but I've always kept mine just because you never know when you're going to need a source or some sort later in life.

Ive been keeping my science books to help with my mcat prep, but today I signed up for princeton review classroom course. To those that have taken it (and scored 30+ on the actual test), would you recommend I sell back the science books while I can because TPR provides plenty of resources?

While TPR's resources are extensive, I agree with indygobu. Keeping your textbooks is a valuable resource. Basic science doesn't change all that much and I still find myself looking things up from time to time just as a refresher. In fact, I've even gathered a few more textbooks to add to the collection.