moneduloides

Corvus
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Of course, it probably should not be one of the primary criteria for consideration of which medical schools you apply to, but after having discussed this with both residents and current medical students it seems like something I might want to take into consideration (Particularly if I ever find myself in the position of wanting to do neurosurg or another high-step-score-demanding discipline). Is there any one central place I can go to look at the times medical schools set aside for students to study for the Steps, or must I find this information by going to each individual medical school's website/contacting them directly?

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I actually think it's a good idea to consider this. I'm studying for step 1 one right now and let me tell you, no way would I be able to do this with only 3 weeks off. Maybe other people can, especially for those who take step 1 right after 2nd year (my school's schedule is different), but damn this test sucks. Generally speaking, the more time off you get, the better off you'll be.

And I think you'll only find this info on the schools' websites or from current students.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Most schools have their students take it between 2nd year and 3rd year so if you can find schedules online with the length of the summer break between those 2 years, that's the max time you will probably have to study.

About the Ads

mbe36

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This is an excellent thread topic!!

Does anyone have any info on GWU?

Long Dong

My middle name is Duc.
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2004
The Best Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
UCLA had 8 weeks of vacation before you had to take it and start 3rd year. Most only used 4 weeks or so. I used all 8 weeks, if I was given more I sure would of used it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.