Taking WREB, I have a few QUESTIONS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrebwreb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you are doing well. I have a few questions regarding the WREBs that I would appreciate advice for.

For the PATP/Perio/Prosth written portion at Pearson Vue, I only have NERB study materials (waiting on boards busters for WREB). Do you think NERB dental decks are sufficient? Any other advice or warnings regarding these written exams?

In your opinion, what would be the best posterior tooth to do Endo on for WREB?

What do they provide you with for endo? Will they give us sealer? Is there a bunsen burner for sealing the master cone?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I did not study anything for the PATP/Perio/Prosth sections of the WREB - just relied on what I've been learning the past 3.5 years in dental school and I thought the exam was very straight forward/simple (and I just got my results today ===> PASS!).

Some of the models on the prostho exam were hard to see clearly, but this is equal for all test takers and is accounted for by the curve. Perio questions were very straight forward - xrays and clinical photos were clear enough to answer all questions.

For the PATP just make sure you look for the five "key elements" of the Tx Plan as this is part of the grading rubric and the easiest part to lose points on, in my opinion. It seems like they are obvious things like premedicate the patient, RCTs, obvious extractions, obvious crowns, etc.... just take a look at the grading rubric (which is available as a popup screen during the test) and make sure you hit all the sections.

Best posterior tooth is a maxillary first premolar that has been extracted for ortho reasons in a patient younger than 20 years old. You get two canals, easy oval access, only one extra canal to find, and if the patient is young the canals will be huge so there is minimal cleaning and shaping. Just don't perf on the mesial concavity like I almost did!

For materials you have to check with the school that is hosting the exam as they are responsible for providing everything you need (hence the site use fee).

Good Luck.