Taking WREBs when I go to a NERB school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vicviper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, since I'm a first year, I realize this is a ways off, but with thinking about getting engaged, I wanted to start thinking ahead - so, I'm at Pitt right now, a NERB school, and I'd like to go back out West where I'm from originally, so likely AZ, NV, or CA. Although I'm hoping I'd be able to get into a GPR somewhere, and so be able to get my CA license from that, in the case that I didn't, how fesible is it to take the WREBs, say at Case, when everyone else at Pitt is taking NERBs? I mean, it seems like a hassle, but practicing in a NERB state isn't what I had in mind. I saw that Arizona has something called Licensure by Credential, can any one explain that too me as well?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The only problem with this is the hassle of having to travel to the testing site, bringing your equipment and patients along, and testing in an unfamiliar location. But when your school does not offer you the test you want, you really don't have a choice. For those who have to take the Florida boards and have to travel to Florida to take it, it can be a nightmare. But people manage to get by somehow.

there are prep classes that you can take that make it a lot easier; they can even provide you with patients. the down side is that it can cost ~$8K. but it shouldnt be a problem. you also want to check out and see if the WREB's are offered at your school; and if not maybe you can convince the adminsteration to offer it there (if there are more than ~25 students who want to take it). i know they recently started offering WREB's at NOVA a few yrs ago because many students wanted it

there are prep classes that you can take that make it a lot easier; they can even provide you with patients. the down side is that it can cost ~$8K. but it shouldnt be a problem. you also want to check out and see if the WREB's are offered at your school; and if not maybe you can convince the adminsteration to offer it there (if there are more than ~25 students who want to take it). i know they recently started offering WREB's at NOVA a few yrs ago because many students wanted it

Thanks for the feedback all. :) That's a really good point about rallying some people who might want to take it - I know a bunch of people in my class are planning on going back to CA/AZ, etc, and might be really interested in doing that when the time comes, thanks!