Talk about year-off activities in PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcchicken1985

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a graduating senior applying this cycle, and I was wondering if I should discuss my plans for the off-year in the personal statement, especially if it relates to my healthcare interests from undergrad.

Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I'm a graduating senior applying this cycle, and I was wondering if I should discuss my plans for the off-year in the personal statement, especially if it relates to my healthcare interests from undergrad.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I devoted a single sentence in my PS describing my activities for the next year. On interviews I was asked about those activities, so I think it was a good to include them.

:luck:

If you have the room, why not?

Members don't see this ad :)
you probably have a sentence about how devoted you are to medicine and committed to it, so then you can add another sentence or two explaining how you'll stay devoted to it in the next year, by whatever you're gonna be doing.

Many secondaries ask this question as previously posted but also I listed some upcoming events on my AMCAS app too in the ECs section.. Again this is pending room would I suggest you do this... that is the only reason I did.