Talked to 4 deans and several adcoms about re-taking 516 MCAT, and they all said....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thestrugglingturtle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
that it would help if I got a better score. everyone one of them. I have very lopsided MCAT, with very low biology score , and they all said that it would help me if I got a better score.

BUT it would hurt me if I got a lower score!

Members don't see this ad.

OP got a 125 in bio/biochem. I would say it depends on your goal schools. If you apply broadly enough you'll get into an MD no problem.

Reactions: 1 user
that it would help if I got a better score. everyone one of them. I have very lopsided MCAT, with very low biology score , and they all said that it would help me if I got a better score.

BUT it would hurt me if I got a lower score!

So they gave you generic advice. That is information you knew with or without talking to them.

All applicants would be helped by a better score, and hurt by a lower score.

Did you ask the right question though? Because if you don't ask the right question, you won't get the right answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG a higher MCAT score will help your chances and a lower MCAT score would hinder you chances?! This is groundbreaking!!! Call the press!!! Does this mean that a 4.0 is actually better than a 3.8? That would be REALLY crazy!

Reactions: 1 users
OMG a higher MCAT score will help your chances and a lower MCAT score would hinder you chances?! This is groundbreaking!!! Call the press!!! Does this mean that a 4.0 is actually better than a 3.8? That would be REALLY crazy!
I love how sassy this is. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love how sassy this is. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I just don't even understand why this was posted. It's the most obvious post in SDN history. You don't need to talk to 4 deans and several ADCOMs to know that the higher your stats are, the higher your chance of acceptance. And get this... The opposite trend... Has an opposite effect. Crazy.

I just don't even understand why this was posted. It's the most obvious post in SDN history. You don't need to talk to 4 deans and several ADCOMs to know that the higher your stats are, the higher your chance of acceptance. And get this... The opposite trend... Has an opposite effect. Crazy.
Insane! Almost as insane as this kid... I didn't do that great on the SAT/ACT, should I still do premed?
See my post where I quoted what he deleted... would be a shame if the folks who administer the ACT found him! lol

Reactions: 1 users
Insane! Almost as insane as this kid... I didn't do that great on the SAT/ACT, should I still do premed?
See my post where I quoted what he deleted... would be a shame if the folks who administer the ACT found him! lol

These are 18 year old children man. When I was like 14 I still told people I wanted to major in medicine.
Of course no exam in highschool is reflective of your capabilities of getting into medicine but forgive his naiveness.
My AP biology teacher asked us to read every page of the campbell reece biology textbook , never taught, and told us that professors wont lecture us in college, so we have to be prepared (come to think of it almost every class in college is titled LECTURE). I came into college scared that I would have to read the book, never did.
Same with this guy, hes probably being told that if he does bad in sciences on an exam it will ruin his science career.

These are 18 year old children man. When I was like 14 I still told people I wanted to major in medicine.
Of course no exam in highschool is reflective of your capabilities of getting into medicine but forgive his naiveness.
My AP biology teacher asked us to read every page of the campbell reece biology textbook , never taught, and told us that professors wont lecture us in college, so we have to be prepared (come to think of it almost every class in college is titled LECTURE). I came into college scared that I would have to read the book, never did.
Same with this guy, hes probably being told that if he does bad in sciences on an exam it will ruin his science career.
Did you actually follow the link? The kid admitted to getting bored and cheating on a standardized exam lol.

Did you actually follow the link? The kid admitted to getting bored and cheating on a standardized exam lol.

I did, i feel like hes trolling, but even so, plenty of people **** their way through high school and get through college fine. As long as someone is willing to have a decent work ethic, college in most places is manageable.