Talking about REAPPLICATION in 2006 PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hildaluc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering...Is it dangerous to talk about having applied unsuccessfully in the past in my new PS for 2006? I have a great rough draft written, but it references "re-application".

I ask because...

1. I am applying to new schools - do they know I am a reapplicant?
2. Does it look bad that I was rejected the first time?

Is anyone else doing this? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

In my reapp PS, I didn't mention it. I applied to mostly new schools.

Last year seems like such a long time ago...so I can't remember whether AMCAS specifically wants you do indicate that you're a reapp. I don't think it does.

Some schools ask for this info on their secondary applications. Just assume they know. No, it doesn't look bad at most schools. I'd guess (emphasis on the word, guess) that at least 25% of all people matriculating this year are reapplicants. Actually, I guess you could look up matriculant data on the AAMC website...so no need to guess.

I wouldn't and didn't discuss my reapplicant status in my PS. I chose instead to emphasize certain themes...maturity/growth/development/insight/change...to show that I've learned a lot since my first cycle.

Check the Reapplicant Forum.

Keep the Faith.

thanks 2tall, good luck! :thumbup:

half of my ps focused on "reapplying". here is my story. judge for yourself

I applied to 38 schools:
# of schools I have previously applied to: 20
# of schools I have never applied to: 18

I was granted 13 interviews:
# Interviews from school I have previously applied to: 9
# Interviews from school I have never applied to: 4 (Rush, UCincy, MCO, Vermont)

GPA 3.83, MCAT 12P/9V/12B, R
Never-applied-to schools that did not give me an interview include:
Loyola, MCW, MSSM, Buffalo, Maryland, AECOM, Rochester.