tmatt

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
Status
Basically, in my stats class, I had straight A's going into the 3rd exam. I did poorly on it, due to a family issue (death).

I aced the final and my final project, and am close to an A, but not quite.

Should I talk to my professor?

taponthecloud

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2007
New England
Status
Medical Student
No. It's kinda late to bring this up now isn't it? Why didn't you talk to your prof before the 3rd exam or shortly thereafter?

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That's a dick move, in my opinion. I think you could have successfully challenged your grade, given that there was paperwork involved.

edit: After having a look at your MDApps profile, though, it's hard to feel that bad for you. :p

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I missed the lecture before a midterm because a university sanctioned event. The professor knew about this, and the professor received paperwork beforehand. As it turned out, the midterm was based almost entirely on the missed lecture and I failed it. Miserably. I could only manage a B+, even with a near perfect on the final. There are some wounds that will never heal.
Sorry but if you miss a lecture, university sanctioned or otherwise, you are still responsible for the material on it. That's really not the prof's fault.