Talking with professors about grades...

tmatt

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
    Basically, in my stats class, I had straight A's going into the 3rd exam. I did poorly on it, due to a family issue (death).

I aced the final and my final project, and am close to an A, but not quite.

Should I talk to my professor?

cpants

10+ Year Member
    Sep 29, 2007
    1. Attending Physician
      I missed the lecture before a midterm because a university sanctioned event. The professor knew about this, and the professor received paperwork beforehand. As it turned out, the midterm was based almost entirely on the missed lecture and I failed it. Miserably. I could only manage a B+, even with a near perfect on the final. There are some wounds that will never heal.

Sorry but if you miss a lecture, university sanctioned or otherwise, you are still responsible for the material on it. That's really not the prof's fault.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.