TALL PEOPLE: Where can I get a white coat that fits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jzan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The META brand coat our school provided is just too short on me. I had to get a 2xl but its too wide and the length and arms are too short. I start my rotations soon so I need to get one asap! Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if you are aware, but med students wear SHORT white coats. It's not because you're tall that it barely extends beyond your waist.

Seriously, though, my school bought us Fashion Seal. I wore a 42 or a 44, and it was fine....I'm 6'4"

:laugh: i know that!

i was just wondering if they actually came in tall sizes. so the sleeves on the brand you have fit ok?

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: i know that!

i was just wondering if they actually came in tall sizes. so the sleeves on the brand you have fit ok?

Well, I would always put a single roll in the arms of the dress shirt, so I actually didn't mind the coat sleeve being a little short. I didn't expect it to fit like my bespoke coats.

this reminds me of that scrubs episode with that tall doctor that jd and turk took the lab coat from to make the world's tallest doctor

Tailor-make it..just take a sample and bring it to a seamstress, choose the material, they should be able to customize one just for you

If you're tall and think your white coat is short, wait til you have to wear scrubs. I'm 6'5" and our scrubs are way too short on me. I look like a kid who's growing like weeds and their parents can't replace their old, short pants quick enough.

^hhaha thats why i never wore scrubs during anatomy lab. a tall friend of mine used to wear scrubs where u could see about six inches of his white socks... not a good look!

If you're tall and think your white coat is short, wait til you have to wear scrubs. I'm 6'5" and our scrubs are way too short on me. I look like a kid who's growing like weeds and their parents can't replace their old, short pants quick enough.

Go XXL- wear those bitches, I mean britches, like MC Hammer.

mc_hammer.jpg

^hhaha thats why i never wore scrubs during anatomy lab. a tall friend of mine used to wear scrubs where u could see about six inches of his white socks... not a good look!

cow.jpg

If you have something like this, people won't be looking at your socks:laugh: