Tallahassee FL, 425 base 25 quality 10 weeks of vacation 100 K start date bonus 18/m profit sharing track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.vvb

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have update our package and are looking for additional anesthesiologists. We now have a 100k start date bonus. Since my last posting we have added 2 anesthesiologists and we are attempting to add 1-2 more by 2022-2023

Anesthesiology Associates of Tallahassee (AAOT) is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Anesthesiologist for a full-time position with in Tallahassee, Florida. This group provides anesthesia services at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Capital Regional Medical Center and several ASCs.

Highlights of this opportunity include:

• Excellent compensation plan with significant profit sharing eligibility after 18 months (Top 10 -15 % MGMA)
• Anesthesia Care team is comprised of 30 physicians and 80 allied health providers ( CAAs and CRNAs)
• Cases include: General Surgery, Trauma, OB, Orthopedics, Hearts, Endo, Pediatrics, Neuro
• Physician must be cardiac proficient. TEE certification not required, but should be willing to do cardiac w/echo
• Physicians medically direct 99% of the time, 1:2 - 1:3 most of the time but occassionally 1:4
• In house call 2-3x a month and this is the same for our cardiac fellows as we do not have cardiac call.

10 Weeks PTO

W2 position that starts at 425k the first year with significant profit sharing opportunity beginning after 18 months

Envision Physician Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits start day one with no waiting period! Package includes medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) with Company match and paid malpractice with tail coverage.

Community Description:
Best known as Florida's capital city, Tallahassee holds a deep-rooted history and culture with unparalleled natural adventure and an upbeat vitality. Tallahassee’s year-round appeal enjoys some seasonal flavoring from the pageantry of college football (FSU and Florida A&M University), a sparkling array of lights during the holiday season, a glorious blanket of springtime color and celebrations of music, cuisine, nightlife and distinctive local attractions interactive water fountain, discovery playscape and numerous historical markers. Arts, culture and heritage are an integral part of the capital city's lifestyle. From galleries and public art to stage performances and music festivals, the region is filled with one of-a-kind experiences for all ages.

Tallahassee is 30 mins from the coast, 2hrs from some of the best beaches in the US (30a, Destin) and is the fastest growing economy per capita in Florida. We have great schools and it is an excellent place to raise a family. Please send me a PM if you're interested! We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be clear - this appears to be an Envision job. Not a true partnership track. That is OK, but should be open and honest with your posting. Please do not mislead candidates who think they are applying for a true private practice.

Reactions: 3 users
The intent was not to mislead, people
in my practice use profitshare and partnership track synonymously. After 18 months with us you gain voting privileges and participate in profit sharing. We are a merger group and have significant autonomy in managing our practice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
We have update our package and are looking for additional anesthesiologists. We now have a 100k start date bonus. Since my last posting we have added 2 anesthesiologists and we are attempting to add 1-2 more by 2022-2023

Anesthesiology Associates of Tallahassee (AAOT) is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Anesthesiologist for a full-time position with in Tallahassee, Florida. This group provides anesthesia services at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Capital Regional Medical Center and several ASCs.

Highlights of this opportunity include:

• Excellent compensation plan with significant profit sharing eligibility after 18 months (Top 10 -15 % MGMA)
• Anesthesia Care team is comprised of 30 physicians and 80 allied health providers ( CAAs and CRNAs)
• Cases include: General Surgery, Trauma, OB, Orthopedics, Hearts, Endo, Pediatrics, Neuro
• Physician must be cardiac proficient. TEE certification not required, but should be willing to do cardiac w/echo
• Physicians medically direct 99% of the time, 1:2 - 1:3 most of the time but occassionally 1:4
• In house call 2-3x a month and this is the same for our cardiac fellows as we do not have cardiac call.

10 Weeks PTO

W2 position that starts at 425k the first year with significant profit sharing opportunity beginning after 18 months

Envision Physician Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits start day one with no waiting period! Package includes medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) with Company match and paid malpractice with tail coverage.

Community Description:
Best known as Florida's capital city, Tallahassee holds a deep-rooted history and culture with unparalleled natural adventure and an upbeat vitality. Tallahassee’s year-round appeal enjoys some seasonal flavoring from the pageantry of college football (FSU and Florida A&M University), a sparkling array of lights during the holiday season, a glorious blanket of springtime color and celebrations of music, cuisine, nightlife and distinctive local attractions interactive water fountain, discovery playscape and numerous historical markers. Arts, culture and heritage are an integral part of the capital city's lifestyle. From galleries and public art to stage performances and music festivals, the region is filled with one of-a-kind experiences for all ages.

Tallahassee is 30 mins from the coast, 2hrs from some of the best beaches in the US (30a, Destin) and is the fastest growing economy per capita in Florida. We have great schools and it is an excellent place to raise a family. Please send me a PM if you're interested! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Out of curiosity why do “Top 10% mgma”

Why not just say “average take home partner pay was x amount of dollars”

Reactions: 1 users

That is Voldemort. Nobody in any field likes to say precisely what they make online. That said, I think 90th percentile is 600k+ in all regions nowadays. In fact, 600 may be 75th percentile in many regions.

Last edited:
That is Voldemort. Nobody in any field likes to say precisely what they make online. That said, I think 90th percentile is 600k+ in all regions nowadays. In fact, 600 may be 75th percentile in many regions.

Haha but it’s just for us to see. Again we are not sure what 90 percentile means. Just simpler to put the number.

because you can be facetious and say top 10 MGMA 2002 instead of top 10 MGMA 2022 when you leave the date out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The number of golden handcuffs: decreased salary for first 18months at an AMC combined with a 100k "signing bonus" that gives you back some of that lost $, but with the caveat that it likely has a multiyear repayment commitment makes this job unappealing. Likely also a non-compete is thrown into the contract also. Makes me claustrophobic thinking about it.

The number of golden handcuffs: decreased salary for first 18months at an AMC combined with a 100k "signing bonus" that gives you back some of that lost $, but with the caveat that it likely has a multiyear repayment commitment makes this job unappealing. Likely also a non-compete is thrown into the contract also. Makes me claustrophobic thinking about it.
Non compete? There isn’t another good job within 40 miles of that city. That group has every good contract. If I was in the market for a good job in Florida I’d interview here. This is a good job even if Envision is the management company. IMHO, this is one of the best jobs in Florida and I’m not getting a nickel for saying so.

Non compete? There isn’t another good job within 40 miles of that city. That group has every good contract. If I was in the market for a good job in Florida I’d interview here. This is a good job even if Envision is the management company. IMHO, this is one of the best jobs in Florida and I’m not getting a nickel for saying so.

I believe you. Maybe overall a good job.

Just thinking about some downsides and sharing my opinion on them.

This guy always shows up to promote other peoples job postings 🤔

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
The intent was not to mislead, people
in my practice use profitshare and partnership track synonymously. After 18 months with us you gain voting privileges and participate in profit sharing. We are a merger group and have significant autonomy in managing our practice. Thanks.
What is the long term stability of the profit sharing with Envision having their fingers in the pot? I am not familiar with a merger group, can you elaborate?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the long term stability of the profit sharing with Envision having their fingers in the pot? I am not familiar with a merger group, can you elaborate?
Envision purchased that group at least 7-10 years ago and the profit sharing model is still in place. The group has a good payor mix and is well-run so Envision let's them run their affairs more so than the typical group down South.

Mind sharing the number your group offers new hires? I'd love to know for comparison. And FYI - I'm not sure what your mean by repayment commitment but any non-locums job with a signing bonus, relocation, etc. will make you stay for a period of time. The whole idea is to get money to the new hires who may want to pay off loans or buy a house. We think it's the right thing to do for them.

Do you offer full voting rights and partnership day 1 to new hires? No? So your group offers golden handcuffs as well?

You think this package with 10 weeks isn't competitive for new grads? Please enlighten us with what your group is offering.

And FYI the group was originally sold to Sheridan from the mid 2000's. The original partners were smart enough to set up a contract with Sheridan under a profit sharing model so that we can continue to offer a competitive package and keep the group running the way we want.

Blade also mentioned this but the non-compete for this area isn't really applicable. Either your with our group or your not in this city - we cover all the ACS's and both hospitals with the same anesthesia group. If you want a similar setup your gonna have to move to Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc... essentially far enough away where it doesn't matter.

I also looked at other areas in the SE including many of the groups posted on "Anesthesia groups in the south" thread. Show me one from that entire list that compares favorably with this job... And do include the 1:13-1:14 overnight call with pre-/post- off.

As Dr. vvb mentioned from another thread - yes this is a management company job. If your think a true private practice or hospital employed model is better then I wish you luck. I've looked at both and they both have their pluses and minuses. Just like Envision or any other AMC. Depends on what you prefer - I really don't mind where the paychecks come from as much as the total hours worked, supervision ratios, vacation, cases, etc.

Mind sharing the number your group offers new hires? I'd love to know for comparison. And FYI - I'm not sure what your mean by repayment commitment but any non-locums job with a signing bonus, relocation, etc. will make you stay for a period of time. The whole idea is to get money to the new hires who may want to pay off loans or buy a house. We think it's the right thing to do for them.

Do you offer full voting rights and partnership day 1 to new hires? No? So your group offers golden handcuffs as well?

You think this package with 10 weeks isn't competitive for new grads? Please enlighten us with what your group is offering.

And FYI the group was originally sold to Sheridan from the mid 2000's. The original partners were smart enough to set up a contract with Sheridan under a profit sharing model so that we can continue to offer a competitive package and keep the group running the way we want.

Im not sure what point you’re re trying to make.

Ive worked at places and know of places that offer salary parity immediately. Eg. (pre-pandemic/less competitive market): mid 500’s, lower supervision ratio, more vacation, but also substantial signing bonus with time repayment.

Lack of salary parity for new hires, even if experienced, is a buy in to a job without buying any material assets(eg a shares of a surgicenter). Im not a fan of that, especially when one is just going to be an employee.

Anyway, that’s the down side of your job offering.

Reactions: 2 users
Im not sure what point you’re re trying to make.

Ive worked at places and know of places that offer salary parity immediately. Eg. (pre-pandemic/less competitive market): mid 500’s, lower supervision ratio, more vacation, but also substantial signing bonus with time repayment.

Lack of salary parity for new hires, even if experienced, is a buy in to a job without buying any material assets(eg a shares of a surgicenter). Im not a fan of that, especially when one is just going to be an employee.

Anyway, that’s the down side of your job offering.
My point is please post how your current job offers 100% equality from day 1 (voting, partnership, equal salary, etc.). I looked around at a lot of jobs and never found one. I did see plenty of private practices that included 2, 3, or 5 year buy-ins, different layers of partnerships or voting rights, etc. In short much less fair than this AMC job.

I don't want to know about your previous jobs or other places you heard about.

Please explain how your job does 100% equality from day 1- otherwise your comment on golden handcuffs makes you a hypocrite. That's the point.

My point is please post how your current job offers 100% equality from day 1 (voting, partnership, equal salary, etc.). I looked around at a lot of jobs and never found one. I did see plenty of private practices that included 2, 3, or 5 year buy-ins, different layers of partnerships or voting rights, etc. In short much less fair than this AMC job.

Please explain how your job does 100% equality from day 1- otherwise your comment on golden handcuffs makes you a hypocrite. That's the point.

I dont think that you understand some of the words that you are saying such as hypocrite and also may not be familiar with the strawman logical fallacy.

If I recall correctly, the last thread about this job was closed down due to your colleague having a temper tantrum. It would appear that you are on the precipice of having one as well.

Sometimes a job looks good on paper, but if the people one works with are toxic, it can certainly diminish the overall desirability of the job.

Sometimes a job looks good on paper, but if the people one works with are toxic, it can certainly diminish the overall desirability of the job.
suspicious-aldo-raine_o_1488715.jpg

I dont think that you understand some of the words that you are saying such as hypocrite and also may not be familiar with the strawman logical fallacy.

If I recall correctly, the last thread about this job was closed down due to your colleague having a temper tantrum. It would appear that you are on the precipice of having one as well.

You stated that a negative to this job is that we apply golden handcuffs. That's true. If this year, next year, and many years in the future are anything like every other year for the past couple decades then yes - you (or any potential partner) can reasonably expect an increase in salary after joining in with the profit sharing model. You don't get any physical shares - you get magically one day get a better paycheck (although call schedule, weekends, vacation picking, and everything else are all unchanged from day 1).

Generally speaking - Envision overall and our group generally agree to not allow new hires into "profit sharing" day one. Both we and they agree an introductory period is appropriate to make sure they fit with our group. We get a lot of independence in what we offer, who we offer it to, and how we run this site.

By stating that this is a negative it implies that you think golden handcuffs are unfair. It implies that your current job does not offer them. (Or maybe it was just these other jobs you had previously?) I would like to understand other jobs that offers better parity than ours so we can potentially change our package to provide better recruiting. That was where the term "hypocrite" came from. On SDN there is a pretty widespread view that all AMC's are bad and all private practices are good. My personal experience is that private practices were more predatory. But it was a small sample size.

I genuinely want to know how other places offer a better setup/deal than ours.

And your 100% correct about toxic culture. But that has nothing with do with explaining the above.

I'll just say, there's no such thing as "golden handcuffs". There's always a way out, whether is monetarily or a hit on reputation. Anyone who isn't sure about a job they accept and takes a big bonus had best just put it in a CD or Money Market account until they're satisfied with their situation or else have a means of giving the money back. If there's still some sort of penalty involved then so be it, pay the penalty and move on. Or you just leave and risk not getting a good recommendation. The devil is in the details of the contract. I'm probably more impressed with 10 wks of Paid Time Off. Maybe that's actually the big sell because nothing in this world is free and that's a whole lot of free, again, unless the devil is in the details.

You stated that a negative to this job is that we apply golden handcuffs. That's true. If this year, next year, and many years in the future are anything like every other year for the past couple decades then yes - you (or any potential partner) can reasonably expect an increase in salary after joining in with the profit sharing model. You don't get any physical shares - you get magically one day get a better paycheck (although call schedule, weekends, vacation picking, and everything else are all unchanged from day 1).

Generally speaking - Envision overall and our group generally agree to not allow new hires into "profit sharing" day one. Both we and they agree an introductory period is appropriate to make sure they fit with our group. We get a lot of independence in what we offer, who we offer it to, and how we run this site.

By stating that this is a negative it implies that you think golden handcuffs are unfair. It implies that your current job does not offer them. (Or maybe it was just these other jobs you had previously?) I would like to understand other jobs that offers better parity than ours so we can potentially change our package to provide better recruiting. That was where the term "hypocrite" came from. On SDN there is a pretty widespread view that all AMC's are bad and all private practices are good. My personal experience is that private practices were more predatory. But it was a small sample size.

I genuinely want to know how other places offer a better setup/deal than ours.

And your 100% correct about toxic culture. But that has nothing with do with explaining the above.
You should have your employees do a nominal amount of work and nominal amount of call, since it's basically an 18 month probationary period. After 18 months, have them in the normal schedule. I understand not having someone profit share from day one and I also have no problems with sign-on bonuses, etc with stipulations attached. That's normal for almost any company. It becomes predatory if the employees are overworked while increasing the profit for group. That's why I suggest (and have seen groups do this) where the employees do a token amount of work since they aren't reaping the benefits of profit.

Now, I'm sure some "that's the way I had it" responses are coming and that's fine, but it doesn't mean it was right and my suggest is probably more fair and less predatory.

I dont think most people give a crap about 'voting rights' as much as they do pay parity and time off. Also your group is ACT, and MD-only practices are offering similar if not better rates. So not only are you working for less money, but also taking 4x the liability in a state that has no malpractice caps. The fact that you have had to increase your sign-on bonus to 100k and have had no takers tells you the problem with your job posting.

I dont think most people give a crap about 'voting rights' as much as they do pay parity and time off. Also your group is ACT, and MD-only practices are offering similar if not better rates. So not only are you working for less money, but also taking 4x the liability in a state that has no malpractice caps. The fact that you have had to increase your sign-on bonus to 100k and have had no takers tells you the problem with your job posting.
That isn't true. The problem is the location in Florida. That particular area has more difficulty recruiting than other locations because the group wants highly qualified applicants only. The pay/work load is indeed fair for 2022 and if you don't mind the location I recommend the job. If I was starting out in my career I would interview at this group at a minimum. FYI, I wouldn't make that statement about 3/4 of the jobs posted on Gaswork in Florida.
I recognize that working for an AMC like USAP or Envision isn't for everyone. But, in certain locations there are groups which are worth joining like USAP Dallas or Envision Tallahassee IMHO.

Last edited:
On SDN there is a pretty widespread view that all AMC's are bad and all private practices are good.

Incorrect. On SDN, (virtually) everyone agrees that AMC's are bad. But there are plenty of posts about toxic/predatory private practices, too. There are still gems in existence, but they aren't always the easiest to find.

That isn't true. The problem is the location in Florida. That particular area has more difficulty recruiting than other locations because the group wants highly qualified applicants only. The pay/work load is indeed fair for 2022 and if you don't mind the location I recommend the job. If I was starting out in my career I would interview at this group at a minimum. FYI, I wouldn't make that statement about 3/4 of the jobs posted on Gaswork in Florida.
I recognize that working for an AMC like USAP or Envision isn't for everyone. But, in certain locations there are groups which are worth joining like USAP Dallas or Envision Tallahassee IMHO.
This is a foolish move. why would you recommend people starting out their career to go into an ACT practice rather than get experience sitting the stool for the first few years?

Agree with you on USAP Dallas though. Thats a good group.

This is a foolish move. why would you recommend people starting out their career to go into an ACT practice rather than get experience sitting the stool for the first few years?

Agree with you on USAP Dallas though. Thats a good group.
Devil’s advocate….many new grads that stay on in academics also are supervising greater than 90%’of the time and supervising people with less experience. I even had talks with a couple academic departments pre pandemic and they were hesitant because I’ve only done solo work. I do see your point though.

You should have your employees do a nominal amount of work and nominal amount of call, since it's basically an 18 month probationary period. After 18 months, have them in the normal schedule. I understand not having someone profit share from day one and I also have no problems with sign-on bonuses, etc with stipulations attached. That's normal for almost any company. It becomes predatory if the employees are overworked while increasing the profit for group. That's why I suggest (and have seen groups do this) where the employees do a token amount of work since they aren't reaping the benefits of profit.

Now, I'm sure some "that's the way I had it" responses are coming and that's fine, but it doesn't mean it was right and my suggest is probably more fair and less predatory.
I don't disagree with you. Do you know any practice that implements this? Seems complicated from a management standpoint. I will agree I'm with the younger generation who believe "that's the way I had it" needs to change.

The idea of the new package is a salary guarantee to reflect changes in the labor market. It also reflects the fact our practice is shifting from 8 weeks to 10 weeks and we need to make up for that difference.

Gandalf - I don't necessary disagree that sitting is beneficial, especially early in a career. But the ad is probably incorrect in that we do sit maybe 5-10% of the time.

Out of curiosity - do you not find it beneficial to have a board runner? Have a dedicated person (hopefully not sitting in a room) that can do next the schedule? How about preop/PACU/trauma/other hospital emergencies where more than one set of hands is useful? How about when you need to do 8 pre op interscalane catheters on a really fast day? It would seem someone in a supervisory role makes all these jobs more efficient and still can cover (the appropriate low risk) rooms. Do you just eat the salary of multiple persons daily?

I don't disagree with you. Do you know any practice that implements this? Seems complicated from a management standpoint. I will agree I'm with the younger generation who believe "that's the way I had it" needs to change.

The idea of the new package is a salary guarantee to reflect changes in the labor market. It also reflects the fact our practice is shifting from 8 weeks to 10 weeks and we need to make up for that difference.

Gandalf - I don't necessary disagree that sitting is beneficial, especially early in a career. But the ad is probably incorrect in that we do sit maybe 5-10% of the time.

Out of curiosity - do you not find it beneficial to have a board runner? Have a dedicated person (hopefully not sitting in a room) that can do next the schedule? How about preop/PACU/trauma/other hospital emergencies where more than one set of hands is useful? How about when you need to do 8 pre op interscalane catheters on a really fast day? It would seem someone in a supervisory role makes all these jobs more efficient and still can cover (the appropriate low risk) rooms. Do you just eat the salary of multiple persons daily?
Its absolutely beneficial to have a board runner. Several groups have board runners who all take turns on rotating basis. I can only tell you of how my group does it. There's a dedicated board runner, a flex, and a trauma person. The rest are in the OR or on vacation or post-call. You can do your own blocks in your own room before starting the case. I mean, how long does an interscalene catheter really take? 5-10 minutes prep to thread? can be done during turnover. Conversely a dedicated block person while the rest of the MDs are in the room is also okay. Get paid a daily rate for those positions. Most people dont get paid on an ASA unit but a blended group point system that accounts for these positions. Stipends also helps. I mean if the majority of groups on the west cost and other MD only groups are able to do it successfully, then it can clearly be done.

Out of curiosity - do you not find it beneficial to have a board runner? Have a dedicated person (hopefully not sitting in a room) that can do next the schedule? How about preop/PACU/trauma/other hospital emergencies where more than one set of hands is useful? How about when you need to do 8 pre op interscalane catheters on a really fast day?

Have you really need to do 8 preop shoulder blocks for one room? If they’re all 45 min cases, then should you really put a catheter? Maybe our surgeons are super slow then…. Or you’re just doing 8 catheters because you’re supervising 4 rooms?

My most stressful days are supervising days. In between making sure the crna has their breaks, lunch and afternoon breaks, putting in blocks, seeing pre-ops and post-ops…. I’d rather not having lunch and be left alone by myself kind of day, than supervising kind of day.

ACT model or whatever it is called now, it’s always a financial decision first, everything else is secondary. I didn’t understand it while I was in training, but I certainly see it for what it is now.

Reactions: 4 users
@Twiggidy
Large sign on bonus with however long commitment.
Ask for it to be spread evenly over every paycheck for the length of the commitment.

Agree with you on USAP Dallas though.
At the risk of derailing the thread, it's important to point out there is no USAP Dallas. There is a USAP Houston and USAP South Texas (San Antonio). But the divisions in Dallas are managed separately in both structure and compensation. I think of them as separate divisions located in DFW.

Last edited:
There is a possibility that Envision may lose these fat contracts in the future. Non-compete will prohibit anesthesiologists to leave Envision and work for the hospitals directly.

There is a possibility that Envision may lose these fat contracts in the future. Non-compete will prohibit anesthesiologists to leave Envision and work for the hospitals directly.
No. Every single site where Envision lost the contract in Florida the Anesthesiologists were permitted to stay on. This is just a scare tactic which won't hold water in today's market. Tallahassee is the Capital City of Florida and that group is crucial to the services of the community.

No. Every single site where Envision lost the contract in Florida the Anesthesiologists were permitted to stay on. This is just a scare tactic which won't hold water in today's market. Tallahassee is the Capital City of Florida and that group is crucial to the services of the community.
Where has envision lost the contract in Florida?

At the risk of derailing the thread, it's important to point out there is no USAP Dallas. There is a USAP Houston and USAP South Texas (San Antonio). But the divisions in Dallas are managed separately in both structure and compensation. I think of them as separate divisions located in DFW.
That’s okay - sethco and I will let the rest of USAP dallas ride on the coattails of our divisions reputations ;-)

• Haha
Where has envision lost the contract in Florida?
Numerous facilities like many HCA hospitals across the state as well as Advent facilities. I would estimate at least 10 hospitals over the past 24-36 months have fired Envision and gone with another AMC or in-house coverage. Every single Anesthesiologist was offered a chance to stay on at those facilities.

I see nothing wrong with this job as long as
1. Hours are 45 hours a week (give or take)
2. Vacation weeks can be partial/split up. Full weeks off are often not necessary for most people
3. Holidays off are equitable

The main concern with “profit sharing” with places that have sold out to envision or other similar places is always ask
1. How many “new” people have join the practice are actually getting profit sharing. The reason I say this is there is a similar practice i know of in the South that also sold out to Sheridan that has profit sharing. Except the original partners string along people and never offer it after 2 years. And the original partners take all the key holidays off.

They essentially have a 100% turnover rate after 4 years cause people catch on. There workload isn’t bad though there. They average around 46 hours a week and never 24 hour calls 12 hours max calls.

Wow, sorry guys, didnt pay attention for a bit and looks like we got a fair response, I'll reply to various posts so we can get most of the questions answered, If I miss one please remind me.

In the Southeast, where this job is located, 80th percentile MGMA will be over $650K no problem.
because you can be facetious and say top 10 MGMA 2002 instead of top 10 MGMA 2022 when you leave the date out.
WE honestly have no problem giving historical context to the job and what we have made over the years. We prefer to do that over the phone / or in person.

This is correct! How do you know so much about our group? lol We do provide anesthesia for all major hospitals and surgery centers in town.

I have been here 8 years and I believe we have a 14 year history with envision and making a good profitshare. We were a private group that was bought out during tough times and because of that negotiation have retained some of our original leadership structure. ( board of directors , etc) I would be happy to discuss with you on the phone at any time. Beyond that because we are managed well we are not being micro managed by envision.

Last edited:
Envision purchased that group at least 7-10 years ago and the profit sharing model is still in place. The group has a good payor mix and is well-run so Envision let's them run their affairs more so than the typical group down South.
Correct

Blade also mentioned this but the non-compete for this area isn't really applicable. Either your with our group or your not in this city - we cover all the ACS's and both hospitals with the same anesthesia group. If you want a similar setup your gonna have to move to Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc... essentially far enough away where it doesn't matter.

I also looked at other areas in the SE including many of the groups posted on "Anesthesia groups in the south" thread. Show me one from that entire list that compares favorably with this job... And do include the 1:13-1:14 overnight call with pre-/post- off.

As Dr. vvb mentioned from another thread - yes this is a management company job. If your think a true private practice or hospital employed model is better then I wish you luck. I've looked at both and they both have their pluses and minuses. Just like Envision or any other AMC. Depends on what you prefer - I really don't mind where the paychecks come from as much as the total hours worked, supervision ratios, vacation, cases, etc.
Honestly the most important fact, are you getting paid appropriately, and working a good job with many of the factors stated above.

Everyone gets the same amount of call and does the same amount of work. We don't have any predatory practices. Our goal is to keep our MDs not abuse them.

Last edited:
Have you really need to do 8 preop shoulder blocks for one room? If they’re all 45 min cases, then should you really put a catheter? Maybe our surgeons are super slow then…. Or you’re just doing 8 catheters because you’re supervising 4 rooms?

My most stressful days are supervising days. In between making sure the crna has their breaks, lunch and afternoon breaks, putting in blocks, seeing pre-ops and post-ops…. I’d rather not having lunch and be left alone by myself kind of day, than supervising kind of day.

ACT model or whatever it is called now, it’s always a financial decision first, everything else is secondary. I didn’t understand it while I was in training, but I certainly see it for what it is now.
The blocks are for post op pain. We generally supervise 1:2 , 1:3.

Last edited:
No. Every single site where Envision lost the contract in Florida the Anesthesiologists were permitted to stay on. This is just a scare tactic which won't hold water in today's market. Tallahassee is the Capital City of Florida and that group is crucial to the services of the community. in general when companies loses a contract the providers contracts can be bought out by another company, they are then offered a job to stay on.

In general when groups lose contracts its common practice for the new group to negotiate a fee to hire the existing providers. This is done routinely throughout the country.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with this job as long as
1. Hours are 45 hours a week (give or take)
2. Vacation weeks can be partial/split up. Full weeks off are often not necessary for most people
3. Holidays off are equitable

The main concern with “profit sharing” with places that have sold out to envision or other similar places is always ask
1. How many “new” people have join the practice are actually getting profit sharing. The reason I say this is there is a similar practice i know of in the South that also sold out to Sheridan that has profit sharing. Except the original partners string along people and never offer it after 2 years. And the original partners take all the key holidays off.

They essentially have a 100% turnover rate after 4 years cause people catch on. There workload isn’t bad though there. They average around 46 hours a week and never 24 hour calls 12 hours max calls.
1. On average this is probably correct.
2. Vacations can be split
3. Holidays are on a rotating list , for example the next 6 people on the list get to choose Christmas. When the holiday is full with the max off, we start at the next person the following year.

Every single person that has been with us has made profit share. We have 2 partners that just made it this August. 2 more making partner the following march as we shortened their track to match our new offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.