TAMHSCILRCOP Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShadowRX

The Legend KilleRx
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a thread primarily for current pharmacy students of Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy. Please, don't veer off the course too much, and please, no spamming. Thanks.

---

So, how about those schedules, eh? Especially that core recitation schedule? Intense.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how about those schedules, eh? Especially that core recitation schedule? Intense.

Yeah, I don't think my cooking training this summer is going to see any use. If they say we need 4-5 hours per day... I'll need 8. I fear for my health.

B, can u fix the name of this thread to TAMHSCILRCOP? I forgot the "Health Science Center" XD

PDC looks more fun... KY didn't look as appealing. Both have their usual Greek organization stuff, but PDC looks to be more popular. (No offense to KY :D)

Def joining APhA (upon getting more info on it). Maybe SSHP.

Last edited:
Keep us updated on info you have on the frats.

Any idea where to get info for the lecture 1 drugs if you don't have the drug cards yet? I mean, they said not to get them since SNPhA would be selling them discounted, but...

Maybe I'm just overly nervous, but I'd rather be well prepared before the firehose starts pumping?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Why can't the loan reimbursement happen now? I need cash fast (NO ONE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CASH4GOLD!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm posting this to Facebook as well:

If you're interested in finding out more about a potential PharmD/MPH program with the COP and the School of Rural Public Health, PM me. As it is, there are at least a few upperclassmen who are kind of doing this on their own. They're taking the core MPH classes online during the year and then moving to College Station for a year after graduating from the COP.

What I'm hoping for: if enough of us show interest, perhaps we can get an SRPH prof to commute to Kingsville periodically so that we can do the whole degree here without ever having to go to College Station and do it in a way that allows us to graduate from the COP with both the PharmD and MPH at the same time.

It's a pipedream, but I think if enough of us show an interest, they might try to give us some reasonable options.

Keep us updated on info you have on the frats.

Any idea where to get info for the lecture 1 drugs if you don't have the drug cards yet? I mean, they said not to get them since SNPhA would be selling them discounted, but...

Maybe I'm just overly nervous, but I'd rather be well prepared before the firehose starts pumping?
A lot of people use epocrates or medscape (both available on iphone/ipad/itouch or online). You just have to create a free account. Epocrates is the most organized and several of my pharmacists used it. Both are recommended by Pharmacy Times.

PDC looks more fun... KY didn't look as appealing. Both have their usual Greek organization stuff, but PDC looks to be more popular. (No offense to KY :D)

Def joining APhA (upon getting more info on it). Maybe SSHP.
KY seems to be more of a party frat from what I've heard. PDC seems to be more school/service oriented, in addition to the normal frat stuff.

just gonna put this out there
do we get random drug tests at all

just askin

just gonna put this out there
do we get random drug tests at all

just askin

According to the TAMHSC website:

"Drug Screening

The Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy will not require, as a matter of routine, students or accepted applicants to participate in a drug screen for illegal or prescribed substances unless they have been referred to the Texas Pharmacy Recovery Network or other substance abuse treatment facility. However, students may be required by an affiliated early or advanced rotation site to submit to a drug screen before participating in experiences at that institution. The College will inform the students in advance if the clinical experience facility will require a drug screen. The student will be responsible for contacting an approved vendor, paying for expenses for the drug screen, and for insuring that results of the drug screen are forwarded directly to the facility from the vendor. Students who refuse to submit to the required drug screens or who do not pass them will be dismissed from the program. Failure to request a drug screen or having the results of a drug screen sent in a timely manner may result in the student not being allowed to start a specific early experience or APPE. A student will NOT be permitted to start an early experience or APPE late due to a delay in drug screen results being received by a site."

-http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/current/background.html

thanks syunfung
do you know when our first rotation/experience is gonna be?

Check the IPPE syllabus. It should be on there. I think.

So during the APhA general meeting, there was a website or something with some TAMHSCILRCOP swag. Like, not TAMU, but TAMHSCILRCOP. Does anyone have it?

How's the studying for Daniels's exam tomorrow going for everyone?

If you knew who I was then that wouldn't be fun at all now

Whats the process for applying for summer internships? We're supposed to have an 'intern day' of some sort where these companies come recruiting?

This never really took off, did it?

Doesn't appear to have. :/

I guess it's because everyone in our class (Except one or two?) are on Facebook, lol.

Ya'll needa get PDC growing there - help out your Texas brothers!!!

Ya'll needa get PDC growing there - help out your Texas brothers!!!

Funny you mention that. Most of the active P1s on SDN at TAMHSC are PDC, if memory serves.

I myself wasn't given a bid.

And P2 year's supposed to be a REALLY bad time to rush here...

I'm a PDC. :) Our chapter is small, but it's growing. :):thumbup: