Tampa Pain doc needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Former patient and friend looking for care in Tampa. No meds. Needs doc for spine eval.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
FSI-caudals for all under mac all day long. Super lame. At least when I interviewed there for "fellowship" 10 years ago. My folks live in Tampa so was twofer

Steve Barna at Florida Ortho Institute - excellent doc - former MGH pain clinic

FSI-caudals for all under mac all day long. Super lame. At least when I interviewed there for "fellowship" 10 years ago. My folks live in Tampa so was twofer
Botwin is the smartest guy there. Rittenberg trained there, and he is no slouch.

State of the art weekend PASSOR PMR course care circa 1995. Just because someone is first(well first for the tiny cadre of PMR "spine" docs back then rediscovering 1980s gas literature) does not mean they are the best. I interviewed at most of the PMR spine programs as back ups in the day. Most were lame and it was the worst.

Reactions: 1 user
State of the art weekend PASSOR PMR course care circa 1995. Just because someone is first(well first for the tiny cadre of PMR "spine" docs back then rediscovering 1980s gas literature) does not mean they are the best. I interviewed at most of the PMR spine programs as back ups in the day. Most were lame and it was the worst.
Yes yes, you are far smarter than we mere mortals.

I never mentioned you friend. Just letting Steve know FSI provides care below the standard I know he advocates

I never mentioned you friend. Just letting Steve know FSI provides care below the standard I know he advocates
What happend 20 yrs ago has almost nothing to do with the level of care offered today.

While you may not recognize it, many of the docs on here are physiatrists. So when you use phrases that disparage PM&R, you are implicitly "mentioning" those of us with that background.

I would be shocked if Barna is doing causals. Not his style. He is quite ISIS compliant for that matter.

One day ten+ years ago. Take it for what it's worth.

I am a physiatrist. Important for us to monitor ourselves. The egoist for profit PMR fellowships from back in the day were weak. Doesn't mean one can't be a great pain doc with self directed learning like most of us on this board are obviously pursuing.

Reactions: 1 user