• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Targetting Specific Anki Cards

hungrydoc710

2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2019
Southeast
  1. Medical Student
    How do I isolate cards from such a massive deck?

For example, in block 5 now (GI), how do I isolate cards from Zanki or Duke pathoma decks into a smaller deck so I can use it for class. Or even if I watch a video, and then want to do those specific cards after.

Thanks!

Espressso

5+ Year Member
  • Apr 25, 2016
    blood-brain barrier
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Search "Anking" on youtube, specifically the hierarchical tags video. I have Uworld open so I can't copy and paste. Basically that add on helps make your browser a little bit better to navigate. His videos are super helpful for the entire anki software.

The short answer to your original question would be to create a new deck and title it something like "(school name) GI Course" and then open up the deck that you want to pull cards out of (Zanki GI Pathology, for example), once you click that deck, hit the B button to open up the browser, and then enter. to see all the cards. Then you can sort through them and CTRL click on each ones you want to move. Then, after they're highlighted, you click the "move cards" and it should open up options to pick which deck to move it to. But be aware, moving cards around can be an easy way to lose your original organization of the Zanki master deck.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.