TBR 2015 Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyleJames

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was interested, TBR has released some of their new MCAT home study books including orgo and psych. Biology has been out for a while, but these two are brand new. I've been patiently waiting on these books to come out and I'm sure others have too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm, I wonder what was updated. I don't doubt the quality of the books, but there are already so many resources out there for organic that I'm not sure another book will help me unless the passages were updated to reflect the new exam.

Last edited:
I believe they updated passages to more accurately represent the new exam. A TBR tech person informed that there would be little change content wise, but everything, including the passages, would better prepare for the new exam.

Im going to get the psychology book . Can you please tell me if they are made any big changes to the passages in the orgo or Bio books ? Because I have the 2011 version of all the old books and I dont think its cost effective getting these new ones .I can get use to MCAT style question during CBTs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. It's not like it will help me any since I already took the MCAT, but I'll be sure to pass the word around. Thanks.

Hmm, I wonder what was updated. I don't doubt the quality of the books, but there are already so many resources out there for organic that I'm not sure another book will help me unless the passages were updated to reflect the new exam.

What has changed with the organic chemistry is that it is not purely organic chemistry. Book I is traditional organic chemistry, with a good deal of the text being similar (or the same) and about 25% of the passages are new. Book II is biochemistry and applied organic chemistry with a good deal of new text and about half of the passages are new. The amount of writing and rewriting over the past six months to make this book as current as possible sets it apart from everything else. There are a lot of resources out there already, but it's not another one, it's the most helpful one.

Also note its just psychology, the book doesn't have any sociology in it

For now, the chapters on social psychology address and integrate sociology concepts. The reality is that there is not much of distinction in terms of passages and questions, as many experiments taught in social psychology are the crux of sociology theory. A perfect example is the bystander theory. Students in the course who have used this book (and the lectures) have done quite well so far (averaging over 128), so you'll be more than fine. It covers the topics in the AAMC list, and that is the key thing.

Reactions: 1 users
What has changed with the organic chemistry is that it is not purely organic chemistry. Book I is traditional organic chemistry, with a good deal of the text being similar (or the same) and about 25% of the passages are new. Book II is biochemistry and applied organic chemistry with a good deal of new text and about half of the passages are new. The amount of writing and rewriting over the past six months to make this book as current as possible sets it apart from everything else. There are a lot of resources out there already, but it's not another one, it's the most helpful one.

For now, the chapters on social psychology address and integrate sociology concepts. The reality is that there is not much of distinction in terms of passages and questions, as many experiments taught in social psychology are the crux of sociology theory. A perfect example is the bystander theory. Students in the course who have used this book (and the lectures) have done quite well so far (averaging over 128), so you'll be more than fine. It covers the topics in the AAMC list, and that is the key thing.
Thanks for the info!