TBR Bio is annihilating me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammy1024

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been getting ridiculously low scores in TBR Bio. I was doing EK 1001 Biol before and I was getting like 6/8 and high scores like that. NOW that i'm doing TBR it's just killing me! I'm getting like 1/5 on the passages, and it's ridiculously tricky!

I'm at a 10 in the BS section of the MCAT and wanted to push it to 11/12.

Should I continue with TBR or go back to EK?

Members don't see this ad.

Stay away from TBR bio like I said in your other thread and try TPR bio ... their SWB is great... EK bio is easier and isnt really that great i mean i did all the passages and they are decent but not very mcat like, rather, they are more did you understand the concepts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stay away from them as suggested. Use them to build your confidence because the real deal is no joke

i read through some of the 30+ forum and a lot of them used EK for bio which is why I started using it. Then I switched to TBR because I wanted more of a challenge, but I feel like between EK and TBR it went from lvl 3 difficulty to like lvl 15! I don't think i've seen so many 20%'s on a passage!

I feel I have most of the content down. Usually on my MCAT's I get like 80% or more in the biology questions. I guess I want to know if the real MCAT is as difficult as the TBR passages, or close to it?

I did a metabolic pathways passage yesterday and it was crazy dense and had a million molecule names, that I tried to write it out in an orderly fashion so I wouldn't get lost. Even then, after referring to the passage and everything, I got a 1/5 on it, and it was just like ugh! Really??

If the MCAT is about as difficult as that, then I will continue to do them.

I know that while the practice tests from AAMC are the best indicators, the real MCAT is far more difficult.

According to the general consensus here TBR biology passages are getting more closer to the real deal. Reading through past forums you can see people usually complaining about the biology part. Use them for practice but ignore your scores, that's it.