TBR Bio vs TPRH Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daniwangsta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen several similar threads asking the same question, but none of them really gave any useful answers so hopefully someone here can help me out! Basically I have about a month left in my preparation, and bio is my weakest area so I really want a wholesome practice of all the topics that will prepare me well for the real thing. Should I go with the TPR Science Workbook, or do all the TBR Bio passages? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen several similar threads asking the same question, but none of them really gave any useful answers so hopefully someone here can help me out! Basically I have about a month left in my preparation, and bio is my weakest area so I really want a wholesome practice of all the topics that will prepare me well for the real thing. Should I go with the TPR Science Workbook, or do all the TBR Bio passages? Thanks!

I took the test on 07/06. I liked TPRH Science workbook much better than TBR Bio (I had both so I can make a useful caparison). I went from an 8 on AAMC 3 bio, to 13's on AAMC 8, 10, and on AAMC 11 a 12. I actually sold TBR Bio because I didn't feel like it was really doing much for me, it was too over the top IMHO.

I took the MCAT on July 06th and felt the passages were very similar to the TPRH advanced experimental passages. I did think TBR O.Chem was far stronger than TPRH though.

Also I would say that this topic has been discussed pretty helpfully before, because I used those threads to help me make my decision in the same boat as you.

Last edited:
I just ditched TBR bio in favor of TPR SWB after agonizing over it forever. I looked at the passages in the official guide and TPR seems more in line with that than TBR to me at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I liked TBR's bio better. I understand why people like tprh, but if you have more time, I liked the formatting of tbr more. Both are good.

I liked TBR's bio better. I understand why people like tprh, but if you have more time, I liked the formatting of tbr more. Both are good.

Hmm yeah I looked through respiratory passages from both and TBR's are on a whole other level! :eek: Do you think TBR or TPR is more similar to bio passages on the actual MCAT (I haven't done any practice tests yet)? I feel like TPR's are almost a bit too straightforward but hey if that's what the real thing is like I'm not complaining!

Hmm yeah I looked through respiratory passages from both and TBR's are on a whole other level! :eek: Do you think TBR or TPR is more similar to bio passages on the actual MCAT (I haven't done any practice tests yet)? I feel like TPR's are almost a bit too straightforward but hey if that's what the real thing is like I'm not complaining!

I'm not scoring all that well, but I think that about any passage in the TBR bio books are extremely hard. Hopefully this will make the aamc passages seem like a breeze. They haven't yet, though.