TBR CBT and real MCAT score correlation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzzcor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I am a retaker and since I have used all AAMC's I have moved to TBR cbt's
As i was taking TBR cbt, I realized that they stress out different things with some random details.. like finding number of peaks in NMR of a metabolite and stuff.
I was wondering to those of you who have taken TBR cbt's, how close your TBR cbt scores were to your real exam? Especially verbal, i know, is far off from the real one, but the length and a difficulty of passage were similar to AAMCs.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, so I am a retaker and since I have used all AAMC's I have moved to TBR cbt's
As i was taking TBR cbt, I realized that they stress out different things with some random details.. like finding number of peaks in NMR of a metabolite and stuff.
I was wondering to those of you who have taken TBR cbt's, how close your TBR cbt scores were to your real exam? Especially verbal, i know, is far off from the real one, but the length and a difficulty of passage were similar to AAMCs.

I was interested in this as well..I searched but i couldn't find many posts regarding this either.
Here's the FL comparison thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=923690

But I spoke with the tbr representative over the phone and he said that most people who take their exams and score in the high 20's and on the real deal score in the 30's. He said instead of gauging your score the exams are better utilized to review your mistakes.