TBR Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicated2be

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am taking the TBR Course this summer. Do you reccommend just solely following the course and whatever they tell us to do, or adding in other things in addition to the course work? I do have a set of EK books, and TPR 2011 passages as well. Just wondering if it wise to try and incorporate other things and do everything, or will it be too complex and scattered?

I had hoped to take the MCAT last summer but was unsuccessful (didn't really know how to study well/ took summer classes and did research at the same time etc). So I really want to do the best possible this summer. Have been reading a lot on here and the consensus seems to be 80% passages and 20% content. Also, if the test is scheduled for Aug, when is a good time to start practice exams? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Please, some advice? Thanks!

If you're using the course, I would just stick to their schedule and use their books. EK Bio is preferred over TBR's in terms of content review, but I still used TBR's bio.

All that is excluding verbal. You'll need EK/TPR's verbal - TBR's sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do their live course? If so, what did you
think of it? Any other reccommendations? Thanks

Yes, I did their course. TBR's value is in its passages, so realize that you'll be doing most of your learning in the passages. Don't do double days for their classes unless you need to or unless they won't be teaching the material again - they can wear you out unnecessarily.

If you follow their phase schedule to a tee, you should have no problem scoring at least a 30.

Yes, I did their course. TBR's value is in its passages, so realize that you'll be doing most of your learning in the passages. Don't do double days for their classes unless you need to or unless they won't be teaching the material again - they can wear you out unnecessarily.

If you follow their phase schedule to a tee, you should have no problem scoring at least a 30.

What did you think about their CBTs? I've heard that they can be too difficult/vague. Did you feel this way or did you feel they were indicative of the real deal? Thanks

What did you think about their CBTs? I've heard that they can be too difficult/vague. Did you feel this way or did you feel they were indicative of the real deal? Thanks

The purpose of non-aamc CBT's is to be good practice.

They are incredibly good practice. I highly recommend them.

The purpose of non-aamc CBT's is to be good practice.

They are incredibly good practice. I highly recommend them.

This. They aren't representative score-wise, they're not meant to be. They will serve to reinforce what you learned during the phases.