TBR for Bio or EK for Bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For content/memorizing purposes only.

Note: my books are +4 years old (not 2014 edition). Also, is this too old? I figured it shouldn't really matter since content is still the same

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I personally hated EK. If these two are your only options, I guess go with TBR, but i think it has a lot of excess info in there. If you can go beyond these two, I would recommend TPR.

I personally hated EK. If these two are your only options, I guess go with TBR, but i think it has a lot of excess info in there. If you can go beyond these two, I would recommend TPR.
how did you score on your bio section of the mcat? What made you like TPR bio and what made you dislike EK??

I would recommend TPR.

As would I. I found it really gave a good big picture idea. I also went through the back of the EK1001 Bio book answer pages and read all the bolded facts the night before the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of the two, I would recommend EK 100% and only refer to TBR for Bio on subjects you are weak on. TBR had way too much excess info. I do not have experience with TPR so I cannot comment on it.

Can I jump on the TPRH bandwagon too? LOVE my book, and I got the 2010 edition. I don't think you should worry too much about the edition as long as it isn't old-old (like 90s or early 2000s). EK doesn't have enough info, BR has too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I jump on the TPRH bandwagon too? LOVE my book, and I got the 2010 edition. I don't think you should worry too much about the edition as long as it isn't old-old (like 90s or early 2000s). EK doesn't have enough info, BR has too much.
what is TPRH? Is that not the whole package of TPR books?

Right, but I was talking about the Biological Sciences Review specifically. I like the others too, though.
Well, I liked the TPR gen chem book I bought...easy to read. However when I started reading TBR I felt TBR's was much better.

Do you feel TPR directly helped you score whatever it was you did on your mcat?

Well, I liked the TPR gen chem book I bought...easy to read. However when I started reading TBR I felt TBR's was much better.

Do you feel TPR directly helped you score whatever it was you did on your mcat?
I'm still working on my MCAT. I can't answer that yet. Sorry!