TBR full-lengths or passages? Any problems with TBR full-length activation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leafs2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to ask whether it is worth it to buy all 7 TBR full-lengths or whether its better to just do their practice passages and maybe a few less full lengths ? My plan was to take a full-length every other day and review it in the day between.

Also, on the site it says it takes about 4 days if you pay with credit card to get your activation? Can anyone confirm this or has anyone had problems? Also would their be any problems since I'm from Canada.

I am writing on September 1st and plan to take AAMC 8, 9 and 11 during the week before the exam or possibly do one of them a little earlier.

Im sitting at about a 9-11 in PS, 10-11 in BS and 8-9 in VR.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I wanted to ask whether it is worth it to buy all 7 TBR full-lengths or whether its better to just do their practice passages and maybe a few less full lengths ? My plan was to take a full-length every other day and review it in the day between.

Also, on the site it says it takes about 4 days if you pay with credit card to get your activation? Can anyone confirm this or has anyone had problems? Also would their be any problems since I'm from Canada.

I am writing on September 1st and plan to take AAMC 8, 9 and 11 during the week before the exam or possibly do one of them a little earlier.

Im sitting at about a 9-11 in PS, 10-11 in BS and 8-9 in VR.

I sent in my order form for the CBTs on a Thursday and had access on Monday. (I'm from southern california)

FLs are an excellent resource. So far, I've found that the BR CBTs are more challenging than the AAMC FLs I've taken (3-5).

I sent in my order form for the CBTs on a Thursday and had access on Monday. (I'm from southern california)

FLs are an excellent resource. So far, I've found that the BR CBTs are more challenging than the AAMC FLs I've taken (3-5).

how is the CBT format? very similar to AAMC? can you mark, strike out, have a organized post-test analysis?

how is the CBT format? very similar to AAMC? can you mark, strike out, have a organized post-test analysis?

Quite similar to AAMC CBT format besides very minor things like buttons and the section timer being located in different places around the screen. And yes there is strikeout, highlight, mark functionality. If you finish a section with some time left, you can go to a screen that shows you which questions you marked and you can go straight to those passages for another go.
A notable difference though is that they don't score it for you. When you order the CBTs they send you a scoring sheet for each CBT you've purchased. You count up the amount you got wrong and reference the sheet they send you. Additionally, the scoring sheet doesn't give you straight scores. Say you get 8 wrong on PS (44 out of 52), they scoring sheet will say that if you scored 43-47 correct, your score is a 12-13, for example. It's often easy to decide which number you actually get based on where the amount you got correct falls within the range they provide.