• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
WTF at this entire chapter.

Given that S2O2 in a 0.5L flask is consumed at a rate of 0.008 moles per second, what is the formation rate of S4O6?

2 S2O3 + I2 -> S4O6 + 2I

VoMpD.png

So the rate here is (1/1)S4O6 = -(1/2)S2O3
Nope. What am I doing wrong?

chiddler

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
what are your choices and what is the answer? maybe it's that the 0.5 L makes it double in concentration. after all, you're given moles/sec, not molarity/sec.

what you wrote looks correct to me :<

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You're right, I just noticed the answers are asking for MOLARS per second, wow.

On to the next page, do we need to be able to interpret those Absorbance graphs? Holy ****, what?!

chiddler

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You're right, I just noticed the answers are asking for MOLARS per second, wow.

On to the next page, do we need to be able to interpret those Absorbance graphs? Holy ****, what?!

they're like people you hate at first sight. they're not so bad once you get to know them. they are just a different way of showing concentration change over time or abundance of stuff at a given time. because different stuff have different absorbance peaks at different wavelengths.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.