TBR Ochem and Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahblahpremeds

MD class of 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'll be using TBR materials (2013 edition) for content review of MCAT 2015.Apparently, the best part about TBR was their passages and subsequent explanations. Since Physics and OChem are largely de-emphasized on the new exam, is it worth it to go through the TBR passages or would it be better to study more Biochem?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the TBR books and I studied using them for the old exam. let me assure you, the TBR physics and ochem (especially ochem) are going to be WAY too in-depth for the new MCAT. I think if you study these topics using TBR you may be a little overwhelmed, but if you do decide to use these books, you will need to make a conscious decision to skip sections of it for the sake of time.

Before you begin studying, I would go through the TBR books and use the AAMC outline to figure out what is and isn't important so you don't have to figure it out in the midst of content review.

Their physics passages will be the most irrelevant, but still really good for learning content!

Reactions: 1 users
I personally a
Hi everyone! I'll be using TBR materials (2013 edition) for content review of MCAT 2015.Apparently, the best part about TBR was their passages and subsequent explanations. Since Physics and OChem are largely de-emphasized on the new exam, is it worth it to go through the TBR passages or would it be better to study more Biochem?

Based on this....... http://nextsteptestprep.com/2014/08/21/what-you-actually-need-to-study-for-the-new-mcat/

it does not seem like a good use of time to do TBR Ochem/Physics passages for the new MCAT.