TBR Phases...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capnamerica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
TBR splits up the passages at the end of each chapter into 3 sets. Are those 3 sets supposed to be done one right after the other or with a bit of time b/w each one? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

TBR splits up the passages at the end of each chapter into 3 sets. Are those 3 sets supposed to be done one right after the other or with a bit of time b/w each one? Thanks.

You're supposed to do Phase I right after you read the chapter.

You do Phase II a few days to about a week afterward.

You do Phase III much later, (ie, after all of your content review).

You're supposed to do Phase I right after you read the chapter.

You do Phase II a few days to about a week afterward.

You do Phase III much later, (ie, after all of your content review
).

omg.. i just did all 100 questions right after reading fml

i know its an old thread. but i thought you do passages 1, 4, 7, etc. for the first 1/3, right after you read the chapter. according to sn2ed, there is no mention of the phases

Members don't see this ad :)
i know its an old thread. but i thought you do passages 1, 4, 7, etc. for the first 1/3, right after you read the chapter. according to sn2ed, there is no mention of the phases

The phases are directly from TBR themselves. If you look at a lot of the passage sections, the first page shows the 3 phases in which to complete the passages in. SN2ED produced a different order of passages to split into 3 phases (hence the 1,4,7; 2,5,8, etc)

Either way you do it, as long as you are learning from it, it really doesn't matter, imo.

Yeah I just don't want to exhaust all my materials though lol so want to make sure I get it right. So for orgo... I have basically 3 phases: first has 3 passages, second has seven passages with like 3 discrete questions, and third has 5 passages. So do I do like 1 passage from the first phase, passages 1 4 7 from the second phase, and passages 1 4 from the third phase for my first 1/3?

Yeah I just don't want to exhaust all my materials though lol so want to make sure I get it right. So for orgo... I have basically 3 phases: first has 3 passages, second has seven passages with like 3 discrete questions, and third has 5 passages. So do I do like 1 passage from the first phase, passages 1 4 7 from the second phase, and passages 1 4 from the third phase for my first 1/3?

No. Let's say there are 10 passages.

Your First 1/3 would be passages 1, 4, 7, (and 10 if you want)
Your Second 1/3 would be passages 2, 5, 8
Your Third 1/3 would be passages 3, 6, 9 (and 10 if you didn't do it already)

Does that make sense?

Oh yeah and as for the discretes, I totally fogot but I think he has something about that in his mcat calendar schedule thread. It's a stick above, check it out