JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Anyone using the newest edition of TBR physics? If you have, have you noticed any mistakes in it?

ModernAlchemist

Transform and Transcend
10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Limbo
Status
Medical Student
I'm using the newest edition and yes, I've noticed a couple mistakes mostly in the answer explanation but nothing that has impeded it's effectiveness. Honestly though, they took it to the next level with this book. Some sections have all completely new passages and great explanations. My score shot up when I switched to the new version.

BerkReviewTeach

Company Rep & Bad Singer
Vendor
10+ Year Member
May 25, 2007
I'm using the newest edition and yes, I've noticed a couple mistakes mostly in the answer explanation but nothing that has impeded it's effectiveness. Honestly though, they took it to the next level with this book. Some sections have all completely new passages and great explanations. My score shot up when I switched to the new version.
You must be taking the class (in Irvine I'm guessing, from your name). I have a brand new copy of the first book, but am still using the beta version of the second book. I really like what they've done in terms of the B-answers being included, more than one explanation for many questions, and great shortcuts. I think the new physics books can stand on their own better than the older ones. In a way, it could take away from the course. Who's teaching your physics?

ModernAlchemist

Transform and Transcend
10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Limbo
Status
Medical Student
You must be taking the class (in Irvine I'm guessing, from your name). I have a brand new copy of the first book, but am still using the beta version of the second book. I really like what they've done in terms of the B-answers being included, more than one explanation for many questions, and great shortcuts. I think the new physics books can stand on their own better than the older ones. In a way, it could take away from the course. Who's teaching your physics?
I am not actually in the class, but have sat in on a couple sessions and Todd teaches it. I actually got the books by e-mailing Todd through the e-mail address you gave me (Thank you again) and he has been SO amazingly helpful and kind to me because I could not afford the class and I have a few friends in it.

Yes the books are AMAZING. I feel like they're speaking to me personally and Physics is finally starting to click. I do think that many of the tricks that Todd mentioned in the class were in the book, so I see what you're saying about taking away from the class. The mnemonics are what has helped me the most because I kept forgetting equations ("I frequently get excited over pi, which makes it hard to restore my dimensions", the man is a genius).

Even knowing all that, I would still pay to take the whole course if I had the money just based on Todd's ability to communicate the MCAT-style thinking to students.