TBR Physics Angular motion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brianmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed but why is TBR obsessed with angular components? TPR hardly mentions it, EK says forget it, and the AAMC guide says nothing about covering it. Is it safe to ditch any passages that try and make you learn all the rotational stuff. I remb. when I took physics way back this was my favoorite topic but time is of the essence and I wont spend 8-10 hours learning an dpracticing something that wont help me.

Members don't see this ad.

not familiar with TBR, but you should know uniform circular motion, as well as the fact in ANY angular motion in context of the MCAT, the acceleration points inwards to the circle/spiral. this topic is often combined with magnetism so know it well

I think it's a good idea to at least look over it and feel comfortable enough should a question pop up on the mcat on it. I assumed rotational kinetics wasn't on the mcat and when I went to take the 2 pm exam on june 18th, there was an entire passage dedicated to it. Fortunately, I'm almost certain it was the experimental passage, but it does kind of open the door to the possibility that they could throw one in in the future (especially now that it's been "tested").