TBR Physics chapter 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why in the world are there kinetic energy questions in the passages in chapter 1? They didn't even introduce it yet? Does this happen a lot in TBR's passages? It's a bit annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming the book assumes that you've already taken Physics, so relating velocity to kinetic energy shouldn't be a far stretch for anyone. With that said, yes it was an out of nowhere question. I think you'll be fine.

Yeah, that was really annoying! And yes, for those of us that took Physics 10 years ago, it was a bit difficult to remember the KE formula. Once I saw it, I remembered it at once of course. Unfortunately, "anyone" also refers to us nontraditional students that may not have taken these classes just last semester.

TBR definitely assumes you are familiar with all concepts - it is great to review from but I don't think it works great to learn new concepts from.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just started SN2ed and did TBR - Physics chapter 1 today and also noticed this. Other than that one energy question it was all previously discussed material so not too surprising. The EK route is far more aggravating for this as for pretty much all their passages they throw material at you that they haven't covered yet.

it is great to review from but I don't think it works great to learn new concepts from. thanks
MMoT9l