TBR Practice FL Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phunky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So TBR Practice CBTs are being sent out tomorrow for the January testers (just got the charge on my card). Did anyone else purchase these? I bought the pack of 7. I've been doing GS for the last few weeks, but I hear TBR is more accurate. I bought all 7.

42 days until the Jan 25th test date. Probably going to try to do 1-2 of these per week with 1-2 GS, then move on to AAMC 7-11 about 2 weeks before the test date.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread to ask questions about tests and discuss difficulty/curves. Hopefully I have time to do one tomorrow. My lab has a holiday party tomorrow evening that I feel obliged to go to.

Members don't see this ad.

If you've got all of the TBR full exams, I'd suggest you stop bothering with GS as full exams. The TBR tests are higher quality, so you're probably better off using the GS for sectional practice. So, like take a TBR FL on Monday, review it Mon/Tue. Then do one section of GS each day for three days (Tue/Wed/Thu) (interspersed with content review or other practice questions) and then come back around to another TBR test on Friday. Review that TBR test on Fri/Sat, take Sunday off and start the week again.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
If you've got all of the TBR full exams, I'd suggest you stop bothering with GS as full exams. The TBR tests are higher quality, so you're probably better off using the GS for sectional practice. So, like take a TBR FL on Monday, review it Mon/Tue. Then do one section of GS each day for three days (Tue/Wed/Thu) (interspersed with content review or other practice questions) and then come back around to another TBR test on Friday. Review that TBR test on Fri/Sat, take Sunday off and start the week again.

Thanks for the tip! That's extremely helpful. I'll probably do something just like that. I might stop using GS Verbal all together. It's just terrible, and I still have more than half of TPRH Verbal and most of TBR Verbal to get through. The GS BS and PS seems to be pretty good section practice though.

So there are about 38 days until the Jan 23rd mcat, how many practice tests do you think one should take before exam day?