TBR Practice Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How realistic are TBR's practice tests? Where do they lack in and in which areas are they strong?

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
How realistic are TBR's practice tests? Where do they lack in and in which areas are they strong?

I don't know what TBR is, but did you mean TPR as in Princeton Review??/

Or did you mean Berkley Review??????

I took the MCAT two times while studying from the TPR. I am doing it now for the third time but while studying from ek. The tpr tests, as I thought, where onky good in physical sciences. The verbal stinks and as I thought didn't represent the real MCAT verbal. Biological sciences were easier than the real MCAT biological sciences

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr_fish said:
I took the MCAT two times while studying from the TPR. I am doing it now for the third time but while studying from ek. The tpr tests, as I thought, where onky good in physical sciences. The verbal stinks and as I thought didn't represent the real MCAT verbal. Biological sciences were easier than the real MCAT biological sciences

In what way did the verbal stink? Too easy? Too hard?

The Berkeley exams accurately predicted my score. They were hard, but I felt really prepared for the MCAT. The sciences are excellent, particularly o-chem and g-chem. The verbal isn't so great. I studied primarily with Berkeley materials, but used EK 101 verbal passages, which really helped.

I took the MCAT three times and I am doing it now for the third time. I used TPR for the first two times. To be honest, I didn't study that much for the first time and I used to get 27-28 on TPR practise exams : 10-11 P 9-10Bio 5-7verbal
I got on the real exam 25 9p 9b 7v
In the second time, I studies like hell for this exam which was in Aug2004. I used to get 11-12P 11-12B 7-8V on the new Practise tpr exams. I ended up with 26 on the real thing : 10P 11B 5V :eek:
Here is what I think about the TPR tests:
1) Physical sciences are a bit harder than the physical sciences of AAMC 5r and 6r but about the same difficulty of 7r( which I got 26 on by the way right before the exam). I thought that the physical sciences are a good practise
2)Bilogical sciences: I thought that they were easier than usual. However, I got the same scores on both the tpr and the real deal. I don't know why did this happan. If anybody here took the MCAT in Aug 2004, they can recall that the Bio section was horrible. I barely had time to finish it. I was going along guessing all over the place, a thing that I usually don't do.
3) Verbal: I think that the TPR verbal doesn't represent the real MCAT in anyway. First of all, the passages are extremely looong. Second of all, the questuons too are mostly long. Plus, I I never had the feeling of a realy MCAT verbal exam while I was doing then. I think I only got that feeling when I was doing EX 101 passages in verbal. As you can see, I suck in verbal, but I think I can still see what represents a realy MCAT and what doesn't :rolleyes:

This time, I am studying only and exclisivly from EX study pakage. However, I don't know how reliable there exams are. I did the first exam and I thought that the Phy and Bio sections were ok but the Verbal was extremely hard. My advice to everybody here is, you must do AAMC 7r as it was almost like the real thing. Also get the 1001 books series, I think they are helpful. If anybody know how reliable the ek exams are please post. Good luck to everybody, we have abuout 6 weeks left which is by the way enought to do a lot. So keep u the good work and never give up. The MCAT is like anyother exam, once you know how to approch it, you will nail it.
take care :laugh: